• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Good media for retractable banners

ExecuPrintGS

We primarily use ULTRAFLEX ultra smooth blockout. For larger stands we use 14 oz.. For smaller, shorter ones we'll use the 12 oz.

Scrim banner will always curl along the edges at some point and especially on full bleeds.

We really like the nice smooth look of the material we use. Its affordable, rolls in and out better than scrim and offers a much better visual presentation.

We also use the Ultraflex SSPET Blockout, since we switched to that our customers have reacted very positively and the final product looks amazing.

Desert_Signs

We use a lot of Pop-Up media for our retractable banner stands.

https://www.fellers.com/fellers-sho...10-mil-semi-gloss-non-curling-banner-material

The print quality is really good. It's easy to trim and install within the retractable stands we sell to our clients.

We use a Roland XC-540 for our prints.

Do you have any issues with the takeup? I have some of the pop-up from Fellers, but after my experience with Grimco's stuff, I'm afraid to let it roll up. With the Grimco stuff, all the reds and blacks ate into the gray back where they touched and stuck solid. I've been using the pop-up with the profile from Magic and it prints fantastic, but I've been too chicken to send it to the takeup....

Sign Eagle

For the past 10 years we used a verity of 13 oz scrim materials with out a problem. About a year ago we switched to Grimco's Forward, made 20 retractors for one customer for a trade show using the Forward material which had a solid dark background, half of them curled so bad the customer couldn't use them. Since then we have switched Feller's pop up which we print using HP-L25500, works great.

threeputt

We use Glossy PolyPropylene material. GFPoly by Magic. Fellers has it. It's great! Prints up nicely, super smooth, doesn't curl.

BALLPARK

Do you have any issues with the takeup? I have some of the pop-up from Fellers, but after my experience with Grimco's stuff, I'm afraid to let it roll up. With the Grimco stuff, all the reds and blacks ate into the gray back where they touched and stuck solid. I've been using the pop-up with the profile from Magic and it prints fantastic, but I've been too chicken to send it to the takeup....

I have had no issues with the print quality or the take-up. We too use the Magic profile and love the results.

We recently printed several full color gray background banners on it. Everything went as planned and the customer was happy enough to send us another department at a local University.

I doubt I will switch away from this material as it works so well from the production to the finishing (trimming). They look great when displayed...

We purchase from Fellers for this media.