• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

good packages?

Wrapdup

I know there might be a better place I could post this, but I'm new and didnt know.

Looking at going into a buisness with a partner on vehicle wraps. We both are good on the computer/designing end of things, now we just need to make a decision on a printer. We have been seening some packages offered to get people like us rolling. Fellers and signwarehouse to name a couple.

One of those, or someone else have a good deal? Or maybe not even a combo. Just what would be a good printer for us and then purchace a cutter and laminater seperate.

we would mostly be focusing on Vehicle wraps, racecar wraps, motocross, four wheelers, snowmobiles... basically advertising vehicles and motorsports. any help would be very helpful. thank you

MikePro

welcome from wisconsin!

outsource your prints to kickstart your business! no joke, but brand-new equipment is a LOT of overhead and printers burn lotsa money even when they're not running. outsource your prints, while building a client base, and keep doing well at designing/installing.... your hands will be full with selling and trying to wrangle printer media/inks/profiles/payments can be a real hassle.

phototec

welcome from wisconsin!

outsource your prints to kickstart your business! no joke, but brand-new equipment is a LOT of overhead and printers burn lotsa money even when they're not running. outsource your prints, while building a client base, and keep doing well at designing/installing.... your hands will be full with selling and trying to wrangle printer media/inks/profiles/payments can be a real hassle.

This is great advice, hope you take it?

:thumb:

Brands Imaging

hey welcome!!..

Buy a brand new no name printer and plotter from signwarehouse. Purchase the no name stuff to save on money. Dont take any courses or talk to anyone on here, its all BS. Don'T EVER LAMINATE YOUR VEHICLE WRAPS. You wont need to, the warranty is just the same. Make a great website, something like www.thebestcheapvehiclewraps.com and then you will be on your way. Its so easy to do, exactly like Painting, or Construction work, or Computer Fixing or Whatever you used to do!!! Welcome to the flooded market full of people bringing the industry down!

Pat Whatley

Not that you're going to listen, nobody ever does, but outsource your wraps for a while before you invest $30,000 in equipment.

Wrapdup

Guess I should have been more clear. Thanks for the info, but we have already begun doing something like that. I should have said I'm new to this forum, not new to the buisness.

We have owned/operated a vinyl cutter for a few years now and still run it. Once wraps started coming out we continued to do the design work and had a local shop do our printing. Soo..... I think we are about on the track you guys suggested.

Now we are ready to totally go on our own, that's why I asked. Not a dreamer off the street that's trying to be the next big thing overnight. We have been preparing and just looking for info on a user freindly package for beging printer owners, not begining from scratch. Thank you.

phototec

Guess I should have been more clear. Thanks for the info, but we have already begun doing something like that. I should have said I'm new to this forum, not new to the buisness.

We have owned/operated a vinyl cutter for a few years now and still run it. Once wraps started coming out we continued to do the design work and had a local shop do our printing. Soo..... I think we are about on the track you guys suggested.

Now we are ready to totally go on our own, that's why I asked. Not a dreamer off the street that's trying to be the next big thing overnight. We have been preparing and just looking for info on a user freindly package for beging printer owners, not begining from scratch. Thank you.

Ok, that clears it up, just go to your local digital graphics equipment supplier, order their best 64" wide printer, 64" wide heat assist laminator, FlexiSign Pro, a bunch of start-up supplies, (ink & media), write them a check for $50K and start wrapping....

No biggie!
:corndog:

treb5555

hey welcome!!..

Buy a brand new no name printer and plotter from signwarehouse. Purchase the no name stuff to save on money. Dont take any courses or talk to anyone on here, its all BS. Don'T EVER LAMINATE YOUR VEHICLE WRAPS. You wont need to, the warranty is just the same. Make a great website, something like www.thebestcheapvehiclewraps.com and then you will be on your way. Its so easy to do, exactly like Painting, or Construction work, or Computer Fixing or Whatever you used to do!!! Welcome to the flooded market full of people bringing the industry down!

Having a bad day??:popcorn:

CheapVehicleWrap

Hope you're not too close to 'Sir Moshness' as it will even be tougher. From what I understand he's doing all wrap installations WET now.

njshorts

we went with signwarehouse.

48" Mutoh, 54" Q-Series Plotter and 54" enduralam laminator. All in all, we got 2-3k off, plus 1k in supplies. FIGHT WITH SALES FOR DEALS. They'll do it.

Don't do it if you expect the support that sales promises. Do it, if you can build your business without support. We did it knowing this, and are now preparing to add a second printer, an HP 25500. We've had a few issues that we contacted them for to get replacement parts, but they're overall not nearly as useful as sales makes them out to be. Out 2-year onsite turned into 1 year 'we'll-send-parts-to-you-after-troubleshooting-for-a-long-time".

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
The new valuejets have just come out so I'll bet there are some killer package deals out there on any of the older models still on the showroom floor.
Call around and ask, with this being your first printer good local support will outweigh a rock bottom price.

wayne k
guam usa

CentralSigns

Hope you're not too close to 'Sir Moshness' as it will even be tougher. From what I understand he's doing all wrap installations WET now.

Oh s@it. Now everyone knows the secret. Ya should have keep your pie hole shut. Now google will be full of those trying to find the secret wet chem product. You fool !!!