• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

good questions I would like to hear answered.

ProColorGraphics

I agree with tylercrum about solid colors. I did a large wall graphic project with solid blocks of a dark blue and red. They came out perfect!! No banding, spots or any other print defect. My VP-540 never would have been able to do that.

Suz

Epson sounds like they're in panic-mode there. I would be if I were them...[/QUOTE]

Thank you tylercrum! Your post makes me so glad that I got this printer instead of the others I'd considered!

Tim Aucoin

You all need to be a bit patient! I don't work (in the office) weekends, and I was out of town all weekend for my other business! Sorry it took so long to answer your questions Brian! I posted this in the other thread and thought I'd copy it over here also.

........................................................................................

Okay. Back at the office. Sorry I didn't get to these yesterday. I was out of town and didn't have too much time to think/post yesterday! I was celebrating my last birthday in my 40's, as next year I officially become a hot commodity (a handsome, fit, good looking man in his 50's!!! :rolleyes:)

To answer your questions...
1) I am still on my original set of heads from a year ago. Obviously I don't print as much as others! This printer runs at least 4 out of 5 days every week though! See actual usage below.
2) I am on set #3 on some and set #4 on others. See full diagnostic report below!
3) Longest without running was 3 weeks while on vacation.
3a) Came back and started where it left off without a single issue!!

DIAGNOSTICS FROM PRINTER ON USAGE SINCE INSTALLED:
Substrate usage = 8,086.54 square feet
Total Ink Usage = 10,049 ml.

INK USAGE:

Cyan = 1349 ml
Magenta = 1957 ml
Yellow = 2287 ml
Black = 1964 ml
Light Cyan = 1246 ml
Light Magenta = 1246 ml

So, this tells you how much ink the current heads have fired (and how much of each color), and how much substrate I've printed on in the last year. Great numbers to know. Very good report to have. :thumb:

RobbyMac

We've had out since January, though in reality we didn't start using this thing alot until Late Feb. early March due to Onyx issues.

We're on our 2nd set of heads on Black and Yellow (Due to a headstrike that removed the heads) and our 3rd cleaning kit. I couldn't tell you how many ink cartridges we've gone through.

Substrate usage 33,884.92 ft² Substrate usage 3,148.01 m²
Ink family HP 789 total usage 33790 ml*

Ink usageInk cartridgeHP 789*
Cyan5512 ml
Magenta6141 ml
Yellow8032 ml
Black6246 ml
Light cyan 3891 ml
Light magenta 3968 ml

Substrate usage
Substrate type Paper aqueous3.39 m² 36.46 ft²
Paper solvent0.68 m² 7.31 ft²
Self-Adhesive2,821.31 m² 30,368.28 ft²
Banner312.66 m² 3,365.41 ft²
Film9.98 m² 107.47 ft²

signage

No problem Tim, when I posted that I saw you were online, so I assumed you would answer!

TY everyone for your answers!