Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good small format decal / label printer?

Discussion in 'Labels and Decals' started by milchad, Dec 20, 2013.

1. milchad

milchad Member

Jun 24, 2010
    The application would be small decals / labels on items like cups and mugs. Up to this point, cut vinyl is the only method being used. What are some good small format (20" or less) printers that can print on vinyl or possibly coated vinyl? Also, what small laminators are good for doing this type of work? I work with grand format printers and this area is new to me.

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. milchad

milchad Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Thanks for the reply, I will check those out. Does anybody have any input on a 4 color printer that would be good for this application?

Thanks!

3. particleman

particleman Member

Feb 1, 2008
    IN
    The Mimaki CVJ30-60 is a great machine , print and cut in one and built on proven technology. A friend has one and it is a very nice machine. He actually purchased a 24" ebay laminator, no bells and whistles, just two rollers and a foot pedal and it has worked well for over 2 years.

Before he purchased it we investigated this http://www.rolanddga.com/products/printcut/bn/ at a print show. While it appears to fit what you are asking, I would not recommend this machine, it prints so slow I'm not sure how anyone can make money on it.

The edge system is also really good, especially if you are doing large jobs.