• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Good SOLV-PRINTBLE FOR WINDOWS.

Tony Rome

Wondering what you guys like to use for solvent printable vinyl for widows/glass doors for outside.
It will be up for a month.
I have static cling but not too happy last time I used that.
Is there a vinyl that will come off somewhat easy in a month without adhesive left behind?
And would I use the same thing if I needed to use it inside for up to a year?
I'm just confused and Fellers just reads the catalog description.
There is cling, changeable, micro adhesion, low tack etc...
I'm confused.

Leaning Orajet 3620, thoughts?
Want to stay under .40 Sq Ft. Orajet is around .20

Thanks!

danno

We use 3M IJ36 here. Easy to install on flat surfaces, no laminate, changeable adhesive.

Tony Rome

Still in need here.
It is for glass doors, outside and want it to be able to be removed without heat in a month.
I am still looking at Orajet 3620 but I really want air release.
I was looking into Instant One Media for their air release removable.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Wow...someone gave you a great answer and you dismissed it. IJ36 is fine for what you want. If you HAVE to have air release, IJ3552C. Freaking expensive for what it is, but has the air release. Not sure why you NEED air release for a temporary sticker...perhaps you should work on your application skills instead of relying on the crutch of air release.

Tony Rome

Wow...someone gave you a great answer and you dismissed it. IJ36 is fine for what you want. If you HAVE to have air release, IJ3552C. Freaking expensive for what it is, but has the air release. Not sure why you NEED air release for a temporary sticker...perhaps you should work on your application skills instead of relying on the crutch of air release.

That was a good answer, and it was not dismissed, I was just hoping for more than one.
The IJ36 looks good but the description reads good for buses and box trucks. I was looking for something a little more glass specific.
No need to worry about application skills, but thanks for the concern, you may want to work on asking questions rather than assuming.
My customer may install themselves so I wanted to give them an easier go of it.
Talked to a few guys who recommend just using my Oracal 3165RA which we stock, said I should be fine peeling off with very minimal adhesive if any left behind after 30 days.

Still open to (helpful) suggestions/comments.
Thanks.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
That was a good answer, and it was not dismissed, I was just hoping for more than one.
The IJ36 looks good but the description reads good for buses and box trucks. I was looking for something a little more glass specific.
No need to worry about application skills, but thanks for the concern, you may want to work on asking questions rather than assuming.
My customer may install themselves so I wanted to give them an easier go of it.
Talked to a few guys who recommend just using my Oracal 3165RA which we stock, said I should be fine peeling off with very minimal adhesive if any left behind after 30 days.

Still open to (helpful) suggestions/comments.
Thanks.

As far as 'glass specific'....well, take Feller's descriptions with a grain of salt. The bus and box truck thing is suggestions...I think any removable vinyl is easier to remove from glass than it is from aluminum or whatever a bus side is. 3165RA is a permanent adhesive, so I can't see that being the best vinyl for the job.
Didn't mean to question your skills...yes, if the end customer is installing, air release would be preferred. But I would still lean towards one that is classified as 'changeable', 'removable', or whatever descriptor is used.

Kwiksigns

wookie
changeable is not the same as removable. changeable means just that, you can change it easily. I use it on windows outside with no lam or with lam. In fact, I have a set of windows to go up for tomorrow laying on the table. removable means you can remove it with heat and it shouldn't leave much residue. changeable leaves absolutely NO residue. The IJ36 like mentioned is awesome and what we use as well.

Tony Rome

Well things are starting to make more sense.
Seems like the IJ36 is the best way to go, and the cheap (a little more cleanup) way to go is 3165RA.
So I am seeing there is a right material for the job and there is material I have that will get it done.

So here is a few questions about the IJ36.
1. Is it easy to install?
2. Would it be easier to install if I use Lam?
3. Any reason not to use Lam?
Thanks!