Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good stock photo sites?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Graphic Destruction, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Graphic Destruction

Graphic Destruction Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Ruffs Dale, PA
    We are currently in a 1 year subscription to imageclub10. I'm finding it OK at best in regards to photos, but really annoyed at their sales tactics. They have auto billed us and sent additional CD packs we do not want and call here a few times a week telemarketing more crap. I can't stand suppliers/vendors that constantly telemarket us....you hear me Grimco?

What good sites have you guys found and been happy with? Fotolia is good in regards to no hassles and telemarketing, but their images really trend toward European advertising than US advertising.

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    123rf.com

dreamstime.com

shutterstock.com

3. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    We only use dreamstime. Of course we post and sell there too. If they don't have the shot I need I go out and get it.(use it then post it for sale)

4. Graphic Destruction

Graphic Destruction Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Ruffs Dale, PA
    Never seen 123rf before, but, like shutterstock, yearly subscriptions are too expensive.

5. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    My portfolio sells very well at 123rf.com.

To paraphrase the latest Bud Light commercials ... It's only too expensive if you don't show a profit. :Cool 2:

6. DesireeM

DesireeM Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Sudbury, Ontario Canada
    How about free?

Sometimes I check sxc.hu before I check my usual istockphoto.com . They have free stock photo options. The photos are not always as professional looking but it's a good resource depending on what you need the photos for. They also post photos from paid sites as another option.