• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Good thing there are warranties

ProColorGraphics

I was having connectivity problems with my VP-540. After trying everything we could think of, they finally decided to replace the NIK card in my printer. I didn't realize that on my machine, the NIK card is part of the main board. I am just glad that I didn't have to cough up the money for that one. Definitely makes me want to stay with Roland ink, at least until the warranty is up.

J Hill Designs

well, according to roland they can only un-warranty what the ink touches if you go away from OEM ink...I doubt any ink touches the NIC card or motherboard (or at least hope not) :thumb:

ProColorGraphics

I guess I have never looked into the warranty fine print. Sticking with Roland ink, I don't have to hassle with it. I have been looking into 3rd party inks a lot lately. I am just undecided on which one to go with.

cptcorn

adad
Your vinyl manufactures may not warrenty the prints you create if you use 3rd party inks.... Sometimes the cost savings don't really add up.

JETBEST USA

Hi ProcolorGraphics

There is a tactic that OEM Manufacturers use to void the warranty on your printer because you use Third Party Inks. However, it is not legal. It’s just their way of controlling the customer’s purchase of ink from other manufacturers. If you want to give Third Party Inks a try, consider JETBEST Inks. Our prices are affordable and the Ink quality is not disappointing. For more information, feel free to cantact:

Angel Ochoa,
818-287-5899,
angel@jetbestusa.com

TheSnowman

So what's the story on this JetBest guy? Was he a spammer? Cause I got hit with like...4 PM's from him telling me he'd get me the info I requested, when I never did...then told me that I needed to switch to his inks, again never saying the first word to this guy.