• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Good Wrap School on West Coast??

splizaat

Hey guys...a couple of guys in the area want to go to a wrap school here in Oregon but the closest one isn't until April. We WILL wait that long if we have to, but if we can roadtrip to somewhere like washington or california or idaho to take a GOOD wrap school earlier we would be all for it! Does anyone know of any wrap schools on the west coast that are good and soon?

splizaat

I'm thinking ANYWHeRE in nor/central CAL, RENO, IDAHO, OREGON, WASHINGTON. before april...the one in oregon is in april :(

GypsyGraphics

I checked Oracal's training page when I first saw this thread. I didn't reply because they didn't have any listed.
http://www.oracal.com/news/calendar.asp?ecID=2&submit=go

They offer a two day class and certification. My understanding is that there needs to be 10 people interested to warrant Oracal flying their guys in for the two days. I'd contact Gary Buck, who is the West Coast Territory Manager. And ask him about costs and requirements. I'd bet he'd be willing to help you pull together a wrap training.

I think if you were able to get details from him and post a new thread with a title like "Oracal Wrap Certification, westcoat sign-ups" that you'd likely get 10 people interested.

Gary Buck is a nice guy and was very helpful with my questions about their training and getting me hard to find samples.

toll-free office#: 888-672-2251 xt.604
cell #: 630-346-3190

He talked to me after hours on his cell and said using his cell number was fine.

Patrick46

I went to a 'vehicle wrap' workshop about 4 years ago at Midwest Sign & Screen Supply in Portland.
It waz OK. I already knew how to apply vinyl to vehicles (which is what they covered the most)...I wanted to learn the trade 'secrets' to doing compound curves, and how to get the hood graphix to match up with those on the sides nice and smoothly. So when it came time for the 'hands-on' part of the class...guess which part I undertook...right where the hood meets the fenders on the mini-van used. Seems I've been doing it right all along. :(
Sorry, but I don't think wrinkles and chop marks don't look all that 'professionally installed'.

Funny thing...my son & I were just talking about this very thing this afternoon. If you do find a class...please lemme know when & where!

Edserv

I know you need training asap, but our guy attended the Lowen Wrap training in Kansas and he was really happy with the training and support. In fact, we just landed a really big vinyl install job that Lowen walked us through. They are really helpful, and our tech is very happy with the results.
Chris
Lets Go Banners

myself if i was already a proficient signguy/gal and wanted to hone my wrapping skills i would pick up the phone and go help at a busy wrap shop, hands on, side by side. i know many ppl who have gone this direction versus the various classes, personally i feel there is more value in a true working environment, with real world issues/situations...

however, i would not recommend this for a noob...a class would be the way to go where you can work at your own pace and get exposed to the basics.

there are some incredible installers in the portland area.

alternatively i have also helped a group of top notch sign ppl who wanted to add 'wraps' to their business get together and bring in a top notch installer to give them a few days of great training...if you can get 6 people together and someone can dedicate some shop space bring the training to you.