Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodbye Freehand and GoLive......

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Rick, May 31, 2006.

1. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
  2. Cadmn

Cadmn Very Active Member

Aug 19, 2005
    yep stream line went now I think replacing golive with macromedia ?? they couldn't keep em all going so kill off their choices imagine where they coulda gone with both sets

3. Rick

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    My problem is when I upgrade to CS3, I will have to upgrade my computer to a MacIntel machine. I'm just hoping they keep the upgrade to the Premium Suite at an "affordable" price and hope CadTools catches up quickly....

4. Cadmn

Cadmn Very Active Member

Aug 19, 2005
    hows the new Macintels run? have not heard much about them

5. Rick

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    From what I heard, they scream if you are using Universal applications. They seem to run at the same speed or a bit slower on non-Universal Apps. Everyone is scrambling to get thier stuff MacIntel ready. What I'm excited about it being about to dual boot using Mac and PC with no speed loss. All but the desktops are Intel now. I was saving for a quad core but now I'm waiting to see what happens.

6. 2NinerNiner2

2NinerNiner2 Very Active Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Calgary, AB
    I'll take the small 'speed hit' and run Parallels's virtual machine :) Best of both worlds :)