• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Goodbye Whitney Houston

shakey0818

SPECIAL UPDATE******

Whitney Houston,Amy Winehouse & Elvis Presley were just spotted in a Las Vagas Waffle House.Rumor has it there planning a come back tour.

Bly

Legendary crooner Tony Bennett, 85, appealed to the U.S. government to legalize drugs at an impromptu Whitney Houston tribute held hours after her death, says the Hollywood Reporter.
"First it was Michael Jackson, then Amy Winehouse, now, the magnificent Whitney Houston," Bennett said Saturday night at Clive Davis' pre-Grammy party at the Beverly Hilton. "Let's legalize drugs like they did in Amsterdam. . . . No one's hiding or sneaking around corners to get it. They go to a doctor to get it."

Yeah... that'll stop addiction in its tracks.

Taking it out of the legal system and into the health system makes sense.

Instead of filling our jails, try and treat people.

I mean really. How is that War On Drugs working out?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
When she first came on the scene, I thought she was incredible... and in her heyday, she was. However, she spiraled down to being a person which I have little to no respect for at all in any sense of the word.

As so many people say, remember at my best and not my worst of times and for that, may she RIP.

Any other tributes to her would be a gross waste of time and effort.

No sense beating up the dead. We didn't do it when it could've possibly helped, so no sense doing it now when it doesn't do anything for anybody.

Speedsterbeast

Drugs have taken some amazinlgy talented people whom I feel that we have been short changed great music for losing.
Whitney, to me, is NOT one of those people.
Sad, yes, tragic, no.

genericname

No sense beating up the dead. We didn't do it when it could've possibly helped, so no sense doing it now when it doesn't do anything for anybody.

That really is a nice sentiment, but I think it actually serves a purpose, to a point. Not to get too "old man" here, but if all a young impressionable mind sees come of these things is how much praise a dead, drug addicted rockstar gets, all they understand is the appeal.

We need to shine a spotlight on this crap, and start speaking of some role models as they really are; flawed egomaniacs surrounded by bad influences and poor judgement.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That really is a nice sentiment, but I think it actually serves a purpose, to a point. Not to get too "old man" here, but if all a young impressionable mind sees come of these things is how much praise a dead, drug addicted rockstar gets, all they understand is the appeal.

We need to shine a spotlight on this crap, and start speaking of some role models as they really are; flawed egomaniacs surrounded by bad influences and poor judgement.

So very true. It wasn't a nice thought as it was meant to serve a purpose or not, but to show that it's kinda hard to help the dead. We should more focus helping the living and not turn our heads when it's someone we love or a close friend, just because keeping your mouth is the easy thing to do.

I have a stepson, who smokes.... in my opinion... alot. He's 48, almost 49 years old and no matter how much we want him to quit, he has a dozen reasons to our one, why he can't quit. I've gotten to the point, I now get yelled at from his mother that I'm harping on him. I just want him to quit and can give him so many reasons why and his worthless comebacks.... well, they're just dumb. I told him, once he hits 50, I'll let up on him... not because I think it's worthless to get him to stop, but he's been smoking for like 38 years, so it probably won't do anything now anymore. You hit a certain point and it's dumb to quit a bad habit, especially it it's only gonna extend your life a few years, but they'll probably be useless years and in a lota pain. I'd like to see him smoke-free, but he can never make it past 3 or 4 weeks without caving in because of some super dumb reason. Like the time..... he made a bet he could quit for 30 days and he did. Prize was a steak dinner anywhere he wanted with any trimmings and the booze would be free. All expense meal for quitting 30 days. After the meal, he lit up for his after-meal smoke and said, he only did it for the free meal and to prove he could quit. 30 days ?? That's not quitting, that's like a furlough for a treat. I've seen dogs do better tricks.
No matter how hard we try, we're the bad guys, but we won't give up. I'll never give up. Life is too sweet to ruin no matter what you're choice of poison is.

Jack Knight1979

My dad died from emphysema when I was 18. It was a horrible thing to watch. Addiction is horrible. I saw it first hand.

He had quit smoking a decade before, but it was too late.

If my kids ever pick up smoking or any other drug habit my wife better lock me in a cage. no patience for it. Smoking ruined my life and took my dad away.

So I get it.

jnataros

She was not a role model, a hero, or a saint. She was a crack head that made a choice and has come to an end.

Recap of the Grammy's before they begin:

Whitney...blah blah blah...Whitney...blah blah blah...Whitney...blah blah blah...Whitney...blah blah blah.

I was at the grammys... you're right; But it was tasteful and not too overdrawn out at least.

she wrote some good music; and although she was not a good role model... there were some good songs there.

tcorn1965

For all you judgmental people, throwing the proverbial first stone...You do not know her...You know what you read. Even if it is all true...She is a human that has touched more lives positively then not. I almost want to puke when I read the callousness of some of the posts here. Let me know where to ship the halo.
I can honestly say I have never been more ashamed then I am now with some of you...I do not care if I am flamed...I am a big boy I can handle it...Whitney is dead; it is too bad she cannot face her accusers.

Terry

Colin

I think we're merely pointing out that life is a series of choices, and she made some poor ones. It's no different than a person who chooses to drive at triple the speed limit all the time. When they eventually crash & burn, do we feel that they were a victim somehow? No.

tcorn1965

Colin,
So does a bad choice(s) define ones life? (if so I am screwed)
I do not see her as a victim, I see her as a a wonderful, good person. Possibly the accumulation of bad decisions and addictions took this choir girl into a hell that she probably never anticipated, wanted or overcame, but since I do not know her this is only speculation.

Terry

Colin

Colin,
So does a bad choice(s) define ones life?

It may not "define" an entire life (whatever that means) but when it ends one's life, then yes, it's the result of those choices. She didn't get hit by a train, she made the clear & conscious choice to ingest/inject dangerous drugs into her own body. To think of all the selfless good she could have done for many poor, needy people with the mountains of money she had, is also telling of a less than empathetic individual.

tcorn1965

It may not "define" an entire life (whatever that means) but when it ends one's life, then yes, it's the result of those choices. She didn't get hit by a train, she made the clear & conscious choice to ingest/inject dangerous drugs into her own body. To think of all the selfless good she could have done for many poor, needy people with the mountains of money she had, is also telling of a less than empathetic individual.

Oh wow. It means you are defining her 50 years as a human being with the last 8 years with her being an addict. Sure she choose to do that stuff...and it may or may not have caused her demise..most likely yes.
About the needy people...and all the selfless things she could have done...you missed this one. http://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/1196-whitney-houston

Colin

Oh wow. It means you are defining her 50 years as a human being with the last 8 years with her being an addict.

No, I am not, it is you who is glued to this "life defined" idea.

About the needy people...and all the selfless things she could have done...you missed this one. http://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/1196-whitney-houston

The mega-rich have to do this kind of stuff, otherwise their peers (and the world) look at them in a less than favourable light. The fact is that any money did give or raise, cost her nothing.

tcorn1965

Colin,
The 44-year-old first showed her socially-conscious side when still a model, before her fame rocketed her to stardom. Back then she refused to work for agencies that did business with South Africa, due to the country’s regime of apartheid.

She was not mega-rich then...Is it because she is a christian that it is messing with with your common sense?
I respect your whole "I just want the facts" Your just not using them now, respectfully.