• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Goodbye Whitney Houston

Colin

Colin,
The 44-year-old first showed her socially-conscious side when still a model, before her fame rocketed her to stardom. Back then she refused to work for agencies that did business with South Africa, due to the country’s regime of apartheid.

Wow, that's really something. I'm sure those starving children there were also on-board with her decision.

Is it because she is a christian that it is messing with with your common sense?

Cough - gag - sputter......a Christian?!?!?! Pounds head on desk.

tcorn1965

Wow, that's really something. I'm sure those starving children there were also on-board with her decision.

I bet they were on board when she gave them a meal they would not normally have. Your missing the point. Quit liking yourself so much an

Cough - gag - sputter......a Christian?!?!?! Pounds head on desk.

Are you serious? Your reality is so beyond...that's it...so beyond

CheapVehicleWrap

Here is a full list...of her contributions.http://www.whitney-fan.com/persona/charity.php

Well, that's a very impressive list. She's given away almost as Mosh has. We don't hate Mosh because he's drunk all the time. Many here are old enough to have experimented with drugs, alcohol, smoking etc. and many still do.

I'm fairly certain it wasn't her who smashed $1300 worth of windows on my truck a few weeks ago. That's a crackhead.

Most anyone would be highly respected for having JUST ONE of those donations under their belt.

Maybe I don't know the entire story but she couldn't have been that bad of a person for indulging in what she did for 2-8 years? Hell, if it was only that long she probably never even enjoyed it. And it appears she's the only one who paid for it.

tsgstl

The 50/50 split on most social threads on this site are staggering. I have been on other forums before that were about 80/20 in agreement. But I guess since this is more of a career base than a hobby based forum it makes sense. Sorry I am thinking outloud with no sound.

As far as Whitney goes, it took about 5 minutes and one peep at Facebook for me to get annoyed with the whole thing. The whole fascination with celebrity life thing bugs me. Everytime you try a new drug you think about the consequences before you do it. And if anyone puts their life in the publics eye for a profit then they are fair game to be judged.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I personally don't have any stomach for Tony Bennet's plea to legalize drugs. First of all, who said Whitney Houston bought her prescription drugs illegally on the street? It's pretty clear any celebrity can find a "Dr. Feelgood" physician to dole out a smorgasbord of pills.

Substance abuse is a giant, costly problem for the United States. Far more Americans die by their own hand from substance abuse than are killed in violent crimes. The news media routinely brings up the 5-year death toll from drug related gang violence in Mexico. It is a mass tragedy. What the news media will not say is more Americans are dying in the United States every year from substance abuse than that cumulative 5 year total in Mexico.

Alcohol is a legal drug. Alcohol related liver failure kills between 14,000 and 17,000 Americans every year. That's not far from the 18,000 yearly average for murders. And that's just one part of alcoholism; it doesn't factor in drunk driving deaths or other ways one can buy it in the short term or long term from alcohol abuse. Two years ago my next door neighbor died of liver failure due to her drinking problem. She was only 41. A couple weeks ago I attended the funeral of a former coworker who died of the same thing. He was 55. Their deaths didn't make any news headlines.

Regarding prescription drugs, an ethical doctor will not give drugs to a patient just to get high. Pain killers, muscle relaxants, anti-depressants, sleeping pills, etc. are not designed to get people high. Such drugs become dangerous when used for that purpose. The fact that so many Americans are getting addicted to those drugs and even overdosing or dying from them just goes to show they're using those drugs in a very stupid, foolhardy manner. Having some sort of friendly legal pill clinic won't do anything to stop an addict's downward trajectory.

This country has to seriously confront the problem of substance abuse. The media and people who drive our popular culture certainly don't want to do any of that. Yeah, they'll cry over the death of a celebrity, but they don't want to face the larger problem. Doing so will just rain negative vibes on the party.

tsgstl

Tony Bennett is a sad old man
Michael Jackson HAD a doctor, he killed him
Amy Whinehouse died from being drunk
And we have NO IDEA why Whitney died (most likely because she knocked herself out while taking a bath with legal drugs)

ForgeInc

To think of all the selfless good she could have done for many poor, needy people with the mountains of money she had, is also telling of a less than empathetic individual.

So Colin...when faced with a list of her many contributions, it then becomes a matter of "...The Mega rich HAVE to do those things?" Which is it...is she not empathetic or just rich and doing what's expected? Either way it helps people so who cares what the motive is?

I am FAR from a Whitney fan, and I frankly have little compassion for her or her life choices but I do have compassion for her daughter, family and loved ones because they are the ones suffering now.

I would bet that if those that are casting stones had a family member die in a similar situation I highly doubt "good riddance" or "they got what they deserved" would be something heard at their funeral.

If so...too bad for you.

And for those saying that the media put her up on a pedestal and are saying she is a saint are you kidding me? She was constantly in the tabloids about how much of a junkie she was, how much crack she smoked, what a mess Bobby was etc etc. The media love to beat celebrities down whenever they have a chance.

Colin

So Colin...when faced with a list of her many contributions, it then becomes a matter of "...The Mega rich HAVE to do those things?" Which is it...is she not empathetic or just rich and doing what's expected? Either way it helps people so who cares what the motive is?

What I'm getting at, is that it didn't cost her anything. I'd encourage you to think about that concept.

I am FAR from a Whitney fan, and I frankly have little compassion for her or her life choices but I do have compassion for her daughter, family and loved ones because they are the ones suffering now.

Ya, me too. Your point being?

I would bet that if those that are casting stones had a family member die in a similar situation I highly doubt "good riddance" or "they got what they deserved" would be something heard at their funeral.

It appears your extrapolating far too much here. People are simply making observations.

ProWraps

one less crack head on the skreets. the fact that they are idolizing her, is disgusting. WE ALL work as hard as her. so why should she be special? because we dont have an addiction that is acceptable for hollywood?

pu-lease. good riddance. she was a worthless drug addicted MOM of a child. a child that she got hooked on the same drugs.

at least the rest of them died at 27. she should have as well. better to burn out than fade away. she never got the memo.

if the Grammys spent half as much money on airtime as they gave to drug addiction programs and called a spade a spade, i would get it. but NOOOOPE!

they idolized a crack head. sickening.

shakey0818

one less crack head on the skreets. the fact that they are idolizing her, is disgusting. WE ALL work as hard as her. so why should she be special? because we dont have an addiction that is acceptable for hollywood?

pu-lease. good riddance. she was a worthless drug addicted MOM of a child. a child that she got hooked on the same drugs.

at least the rest of them died at 27. she should have as well. better to burn out than fade away. she never got the memo.

if the Grammys spent half as much money on airtime as they gave to drug addiction programs and called a spade a spade, i would get it. but NOOOOPE!

the idolized a crack head. sickening.

:goodpost:

Verry well said sir.

Marlene

her job was to sing and she did that really nicely. what bugged me the most was the rush to get photos of her dead body being removed from the hotel. the reporters chasing after Bobby Brown and yelling trying to get one of their stupid questions shouted out over all the others yelling. reporters taking pixs of her daughter. it is one thing for someone to pi$$ away their life and talent like she did but it is a whole other thing for the media to get off being the first ones to show her in a body bag. she did a lot of stupid things but it doesn't mean that she shouldn't be treated in death like anyone else or that it's OK to show her in a body bag.

Signs 365

Basically says it all.......

Attachments

• whitney who.jpg
    whitney who.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 90

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You're exactly 1000% correct, Marlene. The media has gotten to a point where it's all about being first with no thought as to the content.

You see it in the news everyday from far left to far right... from Africa to Russia to the good ol' USA.... it's nothing about news, but about who can say the most outlandish things and be remembered for asking sometimes the most revolting questions or have the most graphic photographs. It's all about sensationalism and believe it or not... it's even in this place. Who can ask the same question or give the same answer in the most remarkable fashion. That's who gets the credit. They might not've made any sense, but you remember what they said........... :covereyes:

• What was the 200,000 year old frozen man's last meal ??

Not... where was he from.... how old was he.... what origin was he, but how long was his turd and what color was it ??

Was he gay, since he was traveling alone ?? Did his lover hit him on the head with a big rock over a lover's quarrel ?? Was his back turned ?? Ooh, why was his back to him ??

Nothing like was he left-handed or was his underwear clean when he was dropped ??​