• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Google Bar Codes

Is anyone using the Google bar codes in advertising? I have a decal that google sent me with the bar code on it that is supposed to send you to my business page on google. I have also seen it in a few other adds. Most notably Best Buy has been putting it on the bottom of every page in the weekly add. I ask because I bring this up because I have a customer that is opening a new restaraunt and wants to use the bar code on the back of their business cards. I thought it was a cool idea. Just wondered if anyone else was doing stuff like this.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
that's a real good idea having it on the back of the biz card....i use the bar code scanner on my phone daily...but as far as a customer using it, or the shop?? no...haven't had a request for it....the boss has on printed and on our counter, but it's never used...

Sparky

I have used them in some print ads and have had negligible traffic from it. I think the draw is how you promote it. "Enter to win 25% your first order!" or something similar to that will get them to do something with it, but if you don't have a hook, your traffic generated will be very small return.

On the flip side, it is cool to get a complicated web address out into the hands of the public without a need to spell it all out.

For what it is worth...I use http://beqrious.com/generator to generate a PDF file that I can open in Illy to place in ads.

I got the decal from Google listing me as Favorite Place on google but never really paid any attention to what it really was until this customer told me what he wanted to do. I think it is a pretty good idea also.

Sparky

No problem - It took a while to find it - I was after something high res and found lots of low res stuff, but then I found that site and have been using it since.

I like the business card idea, but I am not sure where I would direct folks... Good thought though!

JeremySI

talkin bout QR codes?

they are cool, you can set them up for a lot more than web addresses as well. i read that in the future codes like that will even be used in the future on tombstones to display personal information along with pictures/videos of the people