• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Google Directory

astro8

no... bummer

You have a great site so maybe next time.:wink:

I've been checking the Directory as I was bumped up the search rankings across the board a couple of days ago for no apparent reason. A DMOZ listing gives a boost and once you make it into the Google Directory seems to give another boost.

Some play down the importance of the ODP but I find the opposite...so for those who haven't done it yet, suggest your site to DMOZ. Read the guidelines, suggest it into the most appropriate category, give a proper description with no advertising hype. Do it correctly, take your time or you may wait forever to be listed.

There are some sites that rank top places for keyword 'signs' that just shouldn't be there. Their early DMOZ listing and age of their site seems to keep them right up there in the serps.

Google Caffeine is rolling out slowly. I tested my site in the sandbox and was pleasantly surprised...bumped up a few more places on first page for even more keywords. A few sites that were fluff and a lot of directories went missing which is good for site owners like ourselves. It's hard to force your way up through those directory listings.