Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google search problems

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Sign Prophet, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Sign Prophet

Sign Prophet Member

Jan 5, 2007
    I was just wondering if anyone else has had issues the last few days with trying to access google.com or with trying to use the google search bar in your browsers? I say browsers because I have google as my default search engine on all of my web browsers. I have no other issues other than trying to use google. Just curious to see if I am the only one having issues. Thanks

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I haven't had any problem.

3. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    none here

4. round man

round man Active Member

Oct 16, 2005
    none here,did you check to see if some browser hijacker changed your default search engine,... I;ve had that problem when I have installed a game and or program that included a search tool in the install that tried to change my browser settings,....it has been working great in chrome and firefox here

edited to add,..you can check your add or remove programs menu in xp and or programs and features menu in win 7 to see if there is an option to remove a search bar and or search tool installation that slipped by you.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  5. Stealth Ryder

Stealth Ryder Very Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Texas
    No problems here, I use it all day everyday...

6. Sign Prophet

Sign Prophet Member

Jan 5, 2007
    Its really weird because it is only happening on my Home network. My Iphone is connected to my wireless network and it too cannot access google. I have tried resetting my router and modem, but that has not worked. It must be a problem on Verizons end.

7. njshorts

njshorts Active Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Meadville, PA
    no problems.

if it's a mac, post bulid info for suggestions on a rootkit search.

if windows, www.vipreantivirus.com - free (full-featured) trial, and worth every penny afterwards (uses less resources than any other AV, vx checks individual files in a bottle, great defs, etc)