• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Got A bit of a problem.NEED HELP! PLEASE.

TURBOJOE

OK... I just purchased a Graphtec ce2000-60. Everything seems to be in fine working condition. I can run the test from the plotter itself but anything I try to send to the plotter doesnt go through. I manually installed the driver provided with the machine from Graphtec. Read the entire manual cover to cover for directions followed them all. Set all my settings as I should and printer shows up on my printers and faxers as "READY" So I sent a print test to it to see what would happen. The plotter just sits there and mutters like its getting a mixed signal. So I consulted with Graphtec and for the record I was honestly very impressed with their customer service. He walked me through step by step. And he came to the conclusion that the cutting software is most like the problem. Most havnt heard of it. Its call WINPCSIGN.. Because it would not recognize RC232 SERIAL port. But doesnt make sense because all the settings are the same on my comp and in the winpc. So they should link up right? I had an I.T guy remotely controll my computer from his location to try and figure it out and he was just stumped.. I need help guys. I have alot of money invested in this rig and customers waiting.

Any ideas? thanks.

Mosh

First off, what program are you ploting from???? Second off, it is harder than it looked on OWN network, lettering them walls like Opra did and all right????

You have never done this before right????

TURBOJOE

Which program are you refering to? The computer is xp format ddr1,service pack 3, The cutting program is WINPCSIGN.

SignosaurusRex

Check your interface cables. If using parallel interface, it must be Centronics-compatable. If using serial interface, you need to use a Graphtec cable.

TURBOJOE

Thank you, I will check.. I purchased it used and the lady said that she just used it with her computer a few days prior.. So I didnt question it but my I.T guy did.. Will it have a Graphtec logo on it?

Also my I.T guy suggested using a 25 to 25 pin serial cable instead of the 25 to 9. Would this make a difference?

TURBOJOE

Yeah it says western Graphtec right around the (9) pin end. I am honestly starting to think its a cutting program issue. It wont receive anything from the winpcsign program. Is anyone familiar with this program? It wont even try and send it. I hit cut and another screen within winpcsign comes up asking to set up printer. and I Do make sure the baud rate and COM1 is being used and whatever else . Its all the same from my pc to the program. I hit save changes and then cut. And POP ITS UP AGAIN! I honestly had to walk away. I even tried taking all the software back off including the driver and rebooting everyithng reinstalling everything. And still... same

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Yeah it says western Graphtec right around the (9) pin end. I am honestly starting to think its a cutting program issue. It wont receive anything from the winpcsign program. Is anyone familiar with this program? It wont even try and send it. I hit cut and another screen within winpcsign comes up asking to set up printer. and I Do make sure the baud rate and COM1 is being used and whatever else . Its all the same from my pc to the program. I hit save changes and then cut. And POP ITS UP AGAIN! I honestly had to walk away. I even tried taking all the software back off including the driver and rebooting everyithng reinstalling everything. And still... same

Just double checking ... Did WinPC ask you to set up the printer or the plotter? Is the port on your computer that you plugged the cable into a 9 pin serial port, a 25 pin serial port or a 25 pin LPT printer port?

J

john1

If your cutter is in the list in the plotting program all you should need is just the printer driver and your set. Here is the graphtec link with the drivers incase yours somehow isn't the right one http://www.graphteccorp.com/support/software/cuttingplotters.html

I know on my new install of my cutting software (flexisign) i ended up using COM4 instead of 1 and it worked fine.

Good luck, I wish i could be more help but it's hard without being there.