• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

got a new comp today and now Flexi not responding

gabagoo

I had a new computer installed today for my main work station. I run Flexi on a secondary computer nwith my Mimaki printer. When my Comp guy was hooking up my paper inkjet, I told him it was fried and I was transfering files across the network and printing them on a hp printer (the one hooked up in the same comp as Flexi) manually
I asked him if we could simply print across the network and he said no problem and did whatever he had to, and now the work station with flexi in it prints my stuff from the main computer.

Comp guy is now gone and I am trying to get back up and producing some jobs.
Now everytime I go into Flexi and try to open a file or import a file the program hangs with the "not responding" shut down. I have rebooted twice and even rebooted all the computers networked together and it still is not responding. Do you think when he set up the printer to print across the network it interfered with my Flexi/Mimaki setup?

I am stumped

p3

It does it when you first open up flexi? What version of windows? I have had problems on my windows 7 machine and vista that do the same thing that you are saying. Yet, if I close the program and open a file that was made in flexi it will open up fine, but for some reason just when I open the program by itself it doesn't respond.

gabagoo

It does it when you first open up flexi? What version of windows? I have had problems on my windows 7 machine and vista that do the same thing that you are saying. Yet, if I close the program and open a file that was made in flexi it will open up fine, but for some reason just when I open the program by itself it doesn't respond.

I made no changes to the computer Flexi is in accept that we made the paper printer from that comp print documents from the main computer. I just tried again and it seems that Flexi works and will open files that are in the current drop down list, but if you click open it freezes, almost like it does not know how to access the c drive

gabagoo

OK I think I fixed it.. Did a systrem restore to yesterday and now I can open files from the c drive. I guess whatever command line was in for printing across the network was making trouble.

gabagoo

OMG!!!! so now my old comp is still here and I want it still running as I like signlab5 and although I have loaded signlab8 in the new comp I am not comfortable with it yet.
Now in the old computer I was having some issues with the hard drive and I had all the info mirrored onto a new drive.
Now when I open Signlab 5 and click to open the font dialogue box the program freezes. If I hit ctrl alt delete, it shows the program still running. I am pretty stressed at this point. I have rebooted it 3 times and each time it seems to freeze the moment you try to access fonts. i opened an old file and it comes up ok but if I double click on the font....it freezes.

I have gotten zippo done today so far....not good