• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Got a picture of the Colex Coroplast knife collet/blade placement?

tedbragg

Can anyone show me a photo of how the blade sits in the Coro tool's collet? My work forgot they had this tool -- I found it OVERJOYED!!! and I'm trying to put a new blade in it -- but can't figure out how to work it with the collet screw and placement / depth of the blade. It's been years since I've replaced one. Colex doesn't have diagrams or explainer videos on blade replacement yet...

TIA

Print1

Tech for your cutter, printer & logistics needs
Remove set screw on Teflon collar
Loosen set screw at the shaft end
Please knife in spine side facing center.
Tighten.
Replace spring and Teflon, setting screw in the little groove on side of tool. Tighten screw till it just touches then back off 1/2 turn to allow it to slide up and down.
Measure tool as normal. If you get stuck let us know, we offer service and training on colex machines

Last edited:

tedbragg

I'm having a hard time with this...the blade will only insert far enough like in the pics. There's some kind of stud inside the collet preventing it from going further. When the spring and white cap are back on, the blade sticks out 1/8th inch. I can't find pics or diagrams showing how this is supposed to be put together.

IMG_2313.jpg

IMG_2315.jpg

Print1

Tech for your cutter, printer & logistics needs
Cutting edge always faces the groove in the tool. Flip it 180. Tighten screw.
Reassemble.