• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Got an odd backlit we're replacing...

bendeane

I've attached a picture and these guys have a frame with a stretched scrim vinyl that they backlit. Baker's furniture has actually been taken all the way off and they are wanting new graphics. The exposed white lettering has yellowed and they want to replace the substrate. It is actually a scrim banner material.

Any thoughts or suggestions about what this is? My client says it is heavier than the usual 13 oz. we sell him. I haven't been out to see it yet (it's a 45 minute drive and I'm by myself at the shop). I can't print that big (using a mutoh 1614).

Just wondering if anybody had seen anything like this and could offer up a solution.

Thanks,
Ben

Attachments

• photo-4.jpg
    photo-4.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 100

CS-SignSupply-TT

Several of the banner manufacturers offer superwide banner materials that include backlit formulations in a heavier weight. Since you cannot print this job yourself, check out the signs101 Merchant Members for a cost effective solution. By the way, being a one man shop, how are you going to do the install?

letterman7

It's panaflex or something similar, not banner material. You'll need to replace it with the same sort of material or retrofit the cabinet to hold lexan panels.

bendeane

Not a one man shop, just here today and tomorrow by myself...

I thought about panaflex, never used it. You're probably right. Anybody sell that in smaller than roll sizes?

The way my client described it, it's stretched around flat metal bars and clamped.

visual800

its flexface! some are vinyled and some are printed BUT the printed ones qaround here look like washed out crap at night.

you have to take the inner frame out and pull new face on it OR see if you can wash out the yellowed part with soft scrub sometimes it will come out enuff to save the client money and not matter esspecially if they are doing a full color background with revered lettering

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
why the **** would you want to print that thing ... throw a new flex face in there that has cut vinyl so it has some sort of purity of color at night. Visual is right on the ball with that.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Agreed - if you print to flex and want it to look decent at night, you almost always have to print first and second surface. Otherwise, as visual800 and Tyrant said, it will wash out at night.

I would present it to the customer that you want to try to clean the face in an effort to save them money, but if it doesn't clean up, you'll need to replace the face.

It looks as though the current face is held in with clips - no reason you shouldn't be able to reuse them.