Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

got gobo's ?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by iSign, Sep 22, 2010.

1. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    sorry... just had to go with that dumb title...

so, I never heard of these before, but I did see one in use just this past weekend. Anyway, I have a good client who needs one.

I might call this guy, but I may be under some tight time lines, so I thought I should look into making my own. I'm not sure what kind of heat it needs to withstand, but it seems to be a high heat sort of item...

Tags:
  2. Stealth Ryder

Stealth Ryder Very Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Texas
    Very Kewl....

3. CL Graphics

CL Graphics Active Member

Feb 24, 2007
    I guess now i know what a gobo is

4. GypsyGraphics

GypsyGraphics Major Contributor

Mar 19, 2009
    I walked into a big event that i had sponsored, not realizing i was considered a major sponsor... and there was my logo 8 ft tall on the wall. Coolio!

I think it was a glass gobo and have wondered if it could be done with vinyl. I have no idea how hot those lights get. I'm curious to see if anyone has done these as well.

5. blueben

blueben Member

Aug 24, 2010
    my brother brought me a glass lens from one of those Christmas projector things you put in your yard. I put his Fraternity letters on it for him. I dont remember if it worked or not.

6. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State