• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

got heat transfer vinyl but no idea what it is

wwpro

hi there

I bought an used SP300V printer and I got it today with a bunch of material and I have a roll of heat transfer vinyl which I have no idea what it is, and I'd like to know so I can be able to look for the application specs.

Vinyl is 24inch wide, matte finish, white release backing. Vinyl itself is 1-2mil, really thin and there's no adhesive on it.

Inside the roll it says "Lot# x67972803"

I'm guessing is from Imprintables but no way to know for sure.
It came inside a white plastic bag, maybe to protect it from the light.

If anyone can help me identify it I'd appreciate it

take care

Boomer

It sounds like you have a print heat transfer material. You can print and contour cut it then mask and apply with a heat press. Check out some T shirt forums they have threads on it.

WildWestDesigns

Biggest thing is if it's for regular cotton/poly or if it's for heat sensitive materials (nylon, leather) that will change the process a little bit.

wwpro

Thanks Boomer, I know what it is but trying to find out specifically who is the manufacturer and the name of the material so I can get the right settings to cut and temperature to press it.

I have a thread going on over TSF too

take care

wwpro

WWD : that's my main concern, darks or lights ? cotton or nylon ? what kind of masking ?

There's a lot of variables to just guess what it is.

royster13

It is probably not worth the risk to use.....If it is old and/or improperly applied or applied to the wrong kind of material you will have a problem on your hands.....

WildWestDesigns

WWD : that's my main concern, darks or lights ? cotton or nylon ? what kind of masking ?

There's a lot of variables to just guess what it is.

I deal with die cut vinyl only with regard to heat transfer and all the ones that I get are opaque enough for either light or dark, but if this is vinyl that can be printed on then that would be a concern.

I noticed that you posted no adhesive so that (and that fact I should have realized it came with a printer) it is indeed printable vinyl. That adds a whole new dimension to the can of worms that's for sure.

Me personally, I don't know if I would chance it. However, if you have scraps laying around and you know about the average time, pressure, temp that would apply to most products of this type, you could experiment and find out.

wwpro

I'm sorry, I should've specified it was heat transfer printable vinyl and that's the reason why I came here to ask you guys. Regular heat transfer cut vinyl is not a big deal, I'm used to spectra, thermoflex and some others, but printable is the first time for me.

Maybe Mike Koval will see the thread and chime in

Team Valhalla

If it's heat transfer material, find something that you can print out to put on a scrap shirt. If you're using VersaWorks, in the Media Type section pick either "HTM - Opaque Heat Transfer material" or "PVP - Premium Cast Vinyl" and send it to the printer.

Like Boomer said, make sure you have a Contour Cut around it in some fashion and send it to the printer.

Once you weed it, set your heat press for 300 and hit it for about 8 - 10 seconds with a 7 - 8 pressure setting (Medium). If it's a heat transfer material, it will stick.

Giddy up and just play with it! You're not going to learn any younger.

SP

wwpro

nothing, lot number and I googled it but no luck.
Maybe tomorrow with the imprintable guys show up :)

Mike_Koval

hi there

I bought an used SP300V printer and I got it today with a bunch of material and I have a roll of heat transfer vinyl which I have no idea what it is, and I'd like to know so I can be able to look for the application specs.

Vinyl is 24inch wide, matte finish, white release backing. Vinyl itself is 1-2mil, really thin and there's no adhesive on it.

Inside the roll it says "Lot# x67972803"

I'm guessing is from Imprintables but no way to know for sure.
It came inside a white plastic bag, maybe to protect it from the light.

If anyone can help me identify it I'd appreciate it

take care

Without any label, it is tough to say exactly what it is. I am not showing anything going out for you, but if it is something we sent you it can only be the Solutions Opaque or Versaprint. Both of these products are for darks. The Solutions can adhere to any fabric, including nylon, and the Versaprint is for cotton/poly blends.

Is the material white? if it is clear, then it is our Solutions Clear for whites and light colors of any fabric.