• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gradient Problem with Photoshop

Creative_Lance

Hello All,
i have encountered a problem while printing on my VersaCAMM using Photoshop CS2 to design and print with Flexi 7.6. for some reason i can't get the Gradient effect right.it looks good on the screen but after printing it looks like the attatched picture.
is it something i'm missing on Flexi or photoshop? and is there a plugin i can buy to RIP from Photoshop?

PS: that goes for all the brush Gradients too.
thanks
Lance

Attachments

• gradient.jpg
    gradient.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 248

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
some of that could be the Printer profile as well. Its not allowing the lighter colors to reproduce accurately. It could be the Magenta dropping off at 5% or higher causing that abrupt break. Do you have a 4 or six color printer?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Are you saving it as CMYK or RGB? It has the anemic look of CMYK . If so try saving it as RGB and let your RIP do the final translation, you'll get better color. Mostly.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
There are a couple of things that I would try.

1. Try several profiles to see which gives the best results

2. Save it in different formats to see what works best. .eps, .tif, .jpg, .ai

OADesign

Are you saving it as CMYK or RGB? It has the anemic look of CMYK . If so try saving it as RGB and let your RIP do the final translation, you'll get better color. Mostly.

I agree. I stopped making CMYK images a long time ago. Work in and save as RGB and let the rip to the math. you may also want to try adding a third step to your gradient. I bet your only uses two colors right? try added a third or fourth marker with an in between color to ease the transition. Your rip will have an easier time smoothing out the transition.

thewood

I second all those who recommend working in rgb mode. Flattten the image and export as a tif with the icc profile (Adobe rgb, s rgb, etc.) embedded. That should help.

javila

It's a pretty good bet that you're working out of the printers workspace.

To try and fight that some try printing on "perceptual" instead of "colorimetic". It'll bring that gradient back in better.