• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gradients from corel to flexi!!!!

Signsforwhile

Having trouble exporting a gradient into flexi dx. the gradient is gone and when i try to recreate in flexi i get a slight color shift......any advise?

Rhino

I don't really know anything about either of those programs, but logic would lead me to ask the question: Can you export from corel to a third party software (ie. eps or ai) and then import that file into flexi??

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Importing/exporting files with gradients usually doesn't go well. Rasterize it or just recreate it in Flexi.

Jim Doggett

Having trouble exporting a gradient into flexi dx. the gradient is gone and when i try to recreate in flexi i get a slight color shift......any advise?

I'd rebuild the gradient in Photoshop. When exporting a gradient from CorelDRAW to EPS or AI, it converts it to a bunch of vectors ... 256 of them, I believe.

I know of no other solution. Sorry.

Jim

Jim Doggett

Hmmm? I don't use Flexi. But I'm wondering if building the gradient in it might fix the problem (anyone?).

If so, don't apply a gradient in Corel. That'll save you welding the objects back into a single vector. Then apply the gradient in Flexi after importing the Corel EPS (no Tiff header).

It's worth a shot.

Signsforwhile

The problem I'm having is for some reason there is a color shift in Flexi when I try to recreate it. I've really never had this problem before!!

Flame

Simple. Save the Corel file as a ai. 3. It'll save the gradient as vectors.

Gotta thank Fred for showing me this. :thumb: