• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gradients using Device color

stoneandtle

I'm creating a gradient in a vector box in CorelDraw, assigning it a spot color, and exporting it as a .pdf file, and finally trying to import the file into Wasatch and change the spot colors to use the device colors. However, I can't seem to get gradient fills with a spot color name to be recognized by Wasatch. I can do a solid fill with a spot color and replace by name, but I can't get any gradient fills to show up with spot colors so I can replace them.

Has anyone tried doing this by any chance?

stoneandtle

In case anyone looks this up later. The trick is to use CMYK colors, and use a named spot color for the color you want to use as the gradient; on the one end you use 100% of that color and the other end you use 0% of that color. You then apply a 1000 step 'Blend' operation to the gradient. When you save as a .pdf file and import into Wasatch you select replace spot color and replace the named spot color with your device color. Now you have a gradient that uses your printers color direct from the ink cartridge. Oh, and make sure you don't have a black outline around the object or the named color in Coreldraw won't be recognized in Wasatch.

Happy printing!