• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gradients

p3

I don't know if anyone else has this problem but it seems to happen every once in a while, now more than usual. I usually design all my stuff in illustrator (cs4) and import into flexi. I save my illustrator files as an eps and version 10. Most of the time when I import into flexi, the gradients will be there but now they are not showing up, or it breaks the colors up rather than smooth gradients like it expanded the artwork. Anyone have any ideas as to why it would do this or what causes it?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I don't know if anyone else has this problem but it seems to happen every once in a while, now more than usual. I usually design all my stuff in illustrator (cs4) and import into flexi. I save my illustrator files as an eps and version 10. Most of the time when I import into flexi, the gradients will be there but now they are not showing up, or it breaks the colors up rather than smooth gradients like it expanded the artwork. Anyone have any ideas as to why it would do this or what causes it?

That's because with gradients [and transparencies as well] there is no standard. Each package handles them in their own proprietary way. Importing gradients from package X to package Y generally is a crap shoot. Most times, if not always, you have to recreate the gradient in the receiving package. It's not a big deal, you just do it.

If recreating it is not what you want to do then change the gradient into a bitmap before you export it.

HulkSmash

Save as version 8...
also, sometimes they are too complicated for flexi, so you need to take them into photoshop and flaten them

StickySigns

I've had a lot of problems like these as we use gradients and other light effects a lot in illi. After contacting support a few times we found a working solution by saving as pdf in illi and doing "import" as linked pdf in flexi. That works perfect, but when its print and cut i put an .ai file with only cutcontours on top.

Now on an openhouse of our supplier i spoke to one of the developpers of sai, he told me to save as .pdf with standard 2006/x3.
Since i do that it works like a charm on new files, just open pdf, let flexi put cutc and print.

I've got flexi 10.3 btw

Sign Eagle

We use Flexi 8.6 and had be told that the Dither Type must be set as "SO", it slows the rip time but prints a good gradient rather than bands of color.