• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graffiti proofing mdo... or anything for that matter

Bill Binns

We are working on a project that the customer wants to be "Graffiti Proof". I have informed them that nothing is "graffiti proof" only "resistant". Have used Frog Shield in the past... and haven't seen any graffiti on the signs..... but Frog Shield could be Elephant Proof as well, because I haven't seen any elephants around the signs either. Talked with a guy at Fellers who told me of an Avery gloss lam that should do the trick. Any other suggestions? They will be 4'x8' MDO signs in a very "high graffiti" area.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Lol thats funny. On a serious note dont think the avery gloss lam is graf. resistant. You really need to use Tedlar for that application. Let me know if you want some pricing on it ok.

Bill Binns

Had seen that product as well from 3M, it was a special order, but it was on my radar as well. Have you had good results? Does it work on Elephants as well?

Si Allen

I have used a coat of Sign Clear with a slug of "Smoothie" silicone additive.

Paint will bead up on it and is easily wiped off when dry.

Just hope that you never have to repaint or repair it!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Was told the Tedlar wasn't a clear overlam by tech support at 3M.

Well I have been selling tedlar for a long time and know its a clear laminate. Its not optically clear though but is made for what your using it for. 54"x150' $695.00 how much is the 3M?

yep BigFish has it tedlar laminate and if you get tagged have the customer get out there and wipe it down with sprayway grafitti removal spray..or they even make a wipe. most spraypaint, giant paint markers (graffitti artists love these) wipe right off.

Vandal Guard USA

If any of you are in need of high quality Anti-Graffiti laminate that won't break the bank check out Vandal Guard anti-graffiti laminate. Graffiti such as paint and permanent marker wipe away easily from Vandal Guard using laquer thinner and a rag. It's a specially formulated polyester laminate that is dimensionally stable and can be applied over cast or calendared vinyl. 54" x 100' $249 & 36" x 100' $179.