• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

graftec jx2100

CS-SignSupply-TT

biedy67, I sold this equipment in the late 90s and early 2000s. Cutting technology is GRAPHTEC; printing technology is Encad (aqueous). YES or NO? depends on what you want the equipment to do for you. Support from Graphtec and/or Encad is virtually non-existent. If you are handy and you use the expertise on signs101, it will probably work o-kay for you. Here is what I found on Google http://www.google.com/search?q=grap...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

biedy67

inks

will this print on vinyl to make wraps?? what is the differnce in the 2 inks it uses uv and dye

Malkin

Prints are indoor or shortterm outdoor (with laminate) and the specially coated media is crazy expensive.

We actually did our first wrap with one, but I wouldn't recommend it, esp not if you are trying to make money.

heyskull

Hi we still have one of these!
But just use the plotter as it isn't a bad plotter at all being graphtec.
The printing side is HP not Encad and this is were the problems start.
Not only is the media expensive the ink sets are stupid expensive, and HAVE to be laminated for them to last longer than a week!
This is not made for proper signmaking in fact I can't quite figure what it was made for. Graphtec should have been sued for advertising this as a sign making machine. I have an original brochure and it makes it look as if it's the machine to save the sign making world......!
This was my biggest bad investment ever! This machine wasted years (I really mean years!!!) of my life.
Steer clear and buy a solvent or eco solvent machine.
Currently running a Mutoh Valuejet which has been my biggest best investment.

SC