• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

grainy print?

ridewraps

My JV3 160 sp is printing grainy on red and magenta, actually when I do a solid print of each color the magenta looks real grainy. Damper maybe? Test print prints great just real bad quality on all media and settings?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as our boss is out of town and I really don't want to bother him if this is something simple.

Thanks Again he is always on here and tells us all the great things you guys know.:U Rock:

genericname

Is it possible that the heads are out of alignment? This could have happened by simply changing print modes, as different presets can be associated with different print modes.

How does your test print come out? Do there appear to be odd gaps between each colour, or alternating thick and thin gaps between each line?

ridewraps

test print is ok I think its a ink delivery problem, like maybe a damper, pump, or maybe the caping station...

ridewraps

I pulled the cover from the heads/damper area... On the cyan I only see ink in one line the other seems to have ink and the dampers on top of my magenta head seem a little loose compared to the others any ideas? of what to try I looked at the pumps and they seem to show ink in them.

signswi

What's your humidity? When was the last time you did a print.adjust? Are you printing bidirectional or unidirectional?