• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grainy reds

J

john1

Hey guys, I am using 3165ra with the Oracal profile for it and i have my blacks pretty decent but for some reason reds light and dark are really grainy/splotchy. I have always had this issue and could never figure it out. It happens on any gloss adhesive media. Gloss banner prints really good.

I did the calibrations and all for the machine, changed heat settings, profiles and recently cleaned it. I am having this problem only on gloss material, On matte (other brand) it prints perfect.

Versacamm SP-300i with Versaworks (newest updated) and corel draw, Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks!

2B

reds and grey scale are some of the hardest colors do to IMO.

For us the designer finally profiled his own red colors and that seemed to do the trick.
Im not sure what else he did, heat, speed, height, etc...
VS 640s OEM inks latest VW

Jack Knight1979

I can get deep reds, but only with custom profiles. I have to pump up the yellow channel a bit. There is a fine line here. If you go to high everything goes greenish.

J

john1

How much is too little to go at a time? I have never messed with this part before. In VW it's saying it's currently set to 760

Thanks everyone!

J

john1

Well, Changed it all the way from 760-700-600 to 500 and the same results. It reduced the blotchy/grain of the red BARELY. Changed heat settings, profiles and all. Same results it seems.

J

john1

Well, Finally just got a more acceptable darker red that's less blotchy and grainy using uni-direction, 700 head speed with print 40c and dryer 35c with the 3165ra profile.

I was using matte 3MIJ35 but didn't get my newest roll due to how they are doing the industry. I really wish Oracal had more matte vinyls.

J

john1

Hey Chris, I tried the heat all the way up and all that. How do i adjust the ink levels?