• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grandpa's Speedball Book

hightop

Hi everyone! I am definitely enjoying reading the posts on this site! Some funny stuff and LOTS to learn from! I have posted some pictures of an on Speedball text book that belonged to my grandfather. Priceless to me and interesting to many of you, I hope. They are on the thread called Hi from NC on New Member Welcome. I plan to scan some more pages. Best I can tell, the book is from before the '70's. It cam out right after Speedball introduced the Flicker. If anyone knows what time frame that might have been, please let me know.. Since the cover is missing, I'm not sure how old the book is.
:thankyou: ...and Happy Veterans Day!
Paula

Fitch

If the cover is missing - how about the ISBN ?

Locate the ISBN, google it and you may have your answer.

Cheers - G

SignosaurusRex

If the cover is missing - how about the ISBN ?

Locate the ISBN, google it and you may have your answer.

Cheers - G
Books prior to 1966 and some as late as 1978 will not have an ISBN (International Standard Book Number). The book pages in the post are most likely from a book from the 30's to 40's vintage.

hightop

Thank you for the suggestions for trying to figure out when the book was published! I haven't found the ISBN number, either. Guess I'll have to get more creative. (Wait, is that a bad pun?)

Jillbeans

Darn it all I have is the cover of a Speedball something-or-other used as a bookmark in my 1915 Atkinson.
My 1980 Speedball book is in the attic in my big-ass portfolio from art school.
Used to hate having to tote that thing onboard the PAT bus.
I'm short, and it dragged on the ground when I carried it yet it was too big to tuck under my arm.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• speedball.jpg
    speedball.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 94
  • atkinson.jpg
    atkinson.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 108

jiarby

Didn't someone post PDF's of a couple of those Speedbal books a while back? I remember downloading them!