• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphic Designer-New Business from PA

WildFoxDesigns

Hello! Long story short...I've been a freelance graphic designer for years. Most of my work consisted of local magazine design, until last September when the work ended. A few months prior, I designed graphics for our toy hauler and got to see a vinyl printer in action. That sparked my interest. I decided to give the sign business a try.

I am looking for advice on what vinyls people prefer. Mainly for vehicle graphics, window decals, blockout banners. I find that I may be too particular in the prints I am getting. I am used to seeing magazine quality prints. For instance, I am trying to print my first big vehicle graphics job that I do not want to mess up. I am printing on an FDC cast material. No profiles for the VersaCAMM VP540i. I tried so many various print settings and still have not achieved the print I wanted to see. A bit grainy looking. .eps file used. I may be picky. Or maybe this is not a great vinyl to use.

Anyhow, I've been checking this site out for a while and it contains valuable information. Can't wait to learn!!

OldPaint

you gota PRINTER....and know nothing about how to use it? no profiles? did you buy it used or new? if used the other person who sold it to you cant give you some instructions? if new, no INSTRUCTION with purchase???
iam confused but welcome...........