• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

graphic question?? Help Please!!!!

dvilleeckos

Ok this might be long so bare with me. Ok i found this clipart that i like and want to turn into a vinyl graphic. One problem it is bitmap. So i opened the bitmap graphic in corel and did all the tracing outlines to turn it into vector so i can cut it. It took a little while but i did it and looks pretty good BUT i have a very old corel its draw 7 and i dont think i can send the vector to the cutter through that program. I could be wrong???? So i opened the vector graphic i made in flexi starter and it looks good in there as well but when i go to cut it only the outline and some of the interior detail shows up. anyone know why that is? anyone know an easier way to transfer a bitmap to vector without buying expensive software? i dont do any thing for a profit only cut stuff for myself and for friends at cost. I can email u the bitmap and the vector version if u need to see them just ask. My email is sraridge@yahoo.com Thanks for reading!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The usual solution to this, once you have the vector is to check what your vinyl color settings are for each vector. If it is intended to be cut from all one color of vinyl, then you will need to make it all one color in Flexi and then send it to your cutter.

dvilleeckos

well

Im pretty new to this all so i dont know how to do the color separation stuff. when i traced the bitmap i traced it all in black lines and in flexi it all shows up in black lines but when i go to "plot" not everything shows up on the production manager.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
This is probably because what you think is all black lines has some white in it. Try selecting all and click on the black color swatch. Next do an automatic path sort and then see if it previews correctly. You may also need to convert your trace to outlines in Flexi using the Control +Shift +O keyboard command.

signs2trade

for converting bitmap to vector check out one of the merchant members on this site...at the bottom of the page....the vector doctor