• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphic/Sign on garbage truck...

Sideshow

Most all the trash trucks we've done over the years have been lettered on steel panels and the company welds them fast. Most of these big trash companies have welders right in shop for repairing these monster trucks and can do that work in-house.

Woah I remember this. I worked as a driver for JP Mascaro ( local company )when i first left service in the late 90's , I remember we got a few new recycling AND trash trucks in. The new trucks ready to roll minus signage delivered, , sign company lettering the steel panels dropped off, they were welded on right there in the shop by the mechanics, and touch up painted the welds once cool. but truck was on the road that day. Panels were pre painted and dropped off in advance.

Tifosi

I go for the .080 aluminum and sheet metal screws with a little silicone to prevent rust at the screw points. Just make sure the edge of the sign panel is on a rib and not sticking past one. That is a prime place for it to get snagged and bent.

VHB would work if you want a blind mount but you had better get that surface clean!!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Woah I remember this. I worked as a driver for JP Mascaro ( local company )when i first left service in the late 90's , I remember we got a few new recycling AND trash trucks in. The new trucks ready to roll minus signage delivered, , sign company lettering the steel panels dropped off, they were welded on right there in the shop by the mechanics, and touch up painted the welds once cool. but truck was on the road that day. Panels were pre painted and dropped off in advance.

We did a great deal of work for these guys. They are great pay, but PITA to work with. They're a bunch of Hillbillies.

Sideshow

We did a great deal of work for these guys. They are great pay, but PITA to work with. They're a bunch of Hillbillies.

Have I got stories for you...lol. I couldnt handle the mentality, especially after going from the Corps to that...lol

skyhigh

wow... I did some work for JP Mascaro once upon a time also. Don't even remember what the job entailed.

One of the companies I deal with will actually weld a channel frame for the faces to slip into. They used to attach the panel directly to the ribs, but said they had too much trouble getting the faces ripped off or blown off (before my time with them).