• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphic Standards Manual ...aka?

vid

I requested a "Style Guide for Direct Mail"... perhaps it was my misuse of the term... :banghead: ...from a corporate marketing department.

I received a confused reply.... "I don't know what you are looking for..."

Sooooo, what are other terms to use for the set of standards that large companies reference for the use of their logo, as well as, the appropriate language in managing their brand? Something that a "new-hire" with a marketing degree from an accredited facility of higher learning might understand.

Graphic Standards Manual?
Brand Strategy Manual?
Style Manual?​

Any other keywords that might turn a light on?

vid

Thank You! I'm looking forward to see what shows up in my inbox today.

...I would've been confused too if you would've asked me for "Style Guide for Direct Mail"...!

[rant]
In my best Lewis Black voice:
Certainly, there are instances where that terminology might confuse you ...me ...THE WHOLE ******** PLANET. However, in this case, precedent has been set. As it's not my first encounter with this den of interns, I've got a couple volumes of the ********* encyclopedia set of these ******** terminologically challenged guidelines.

A previous one --- now outdated --- has a headline that is 3/4" in and 1/2" down from the top left corner, set in the dated ********* Myriad MM
700 Bold 600 Normal, reading, "Style ******** Guide for Corporate ******** Signage."

0_o

I made a leap of faith --- It's their own ******** nomenclature! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

......WT*******! ********! ********!

I guess sometimes the line between point A and point B gets a little ********* wiggly... or am I just asking too much?

[/rant]

signswi

Brand Guidelines is the most common phrase (and the one that is usually the most comprehensive and more likely to have what you're after). Identity Guidelines is common too but will be less about perception and only about the technical guidelines.

vid

ahhhhhHa - For this one, it's...

Core Brand Standards

Thanks all for your input!