• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphic tablet

lib800

does anybody use a graphic tablet? I'm looking into them and have some ?'s. will they work with a cutting program ? Will they make tracing easier,I have a low end cutting program it doesn't have trace. They look less expensive than a new program

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Doesn't your Cibercut program have a Bezier Pen tool? That will accomplish the same thing with your mouse that a tablet will. If it doesn't have it then you will still need to have a program that supports whatever tablet you're considering.

Before I would buy the tablet though, I would consider instead investing in a license for Corel Suite or Adobe Illustrator. Either application has decent autotracing built into it and also has both a Bezier Pen tool for mouse drawing and support for most tablets.

vctradingcubao

I have a Wacom tablet, but I seldom use it anymore. After 2 weeks of trying to get used to it, I found that a mouse works better. IMO, if you use "painter" softwares and paint something from scratch, then a tablet is a must, because wou will really need the "pressure" sensitive effects. But if you will just trace something from a scanned image, a mouse and your Bezier tool (& other drawing tools) would be easier to use. Even for embroidery digitizing jobs, I still find the mouse easier to use.

Hey Vctrading,

We too have a Tajima embrodery machine, Roland Sp-300, Corel, heat press.....where the heck is Qc ??

Good to hear from you :thread sorry for the pirate guys.

Fine Line Darrel :Canada 2:

gradus

Wacom 6x11 here...

I've been working with tablets for couple of years... Kill Your mice, guys, get Yourselves a tablets ! My mouse lies upside down somewhere under the desk....Cannot imagine working with PhotoShop without the tablet (pressure sensitivity !!!), also GREAT for path editing. Much more natural feeling, much less strain to wrist and palm. No comparison between productivity with a mouse and with a tablet.

OK, first week was a nightmare....