• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphic Tracer

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Vector magic is great... but this does things that VM doesn't. Font ID and automatic distortion of a clean font is pretty cool.

I think we're gonna give it a shot.

JimmyG

I also use Graphic Tracer. I like it better than Vector Magic subscription because it loads up as desktop software instead of online only use.

JimmyG

I also use Graphic Tracer. I like it better than Vector Magic subscription because it loads up as desktop software instead of online only use.

player

Subscription only? I stay away from subscriptions. I thought awhile back it was going to be offered as an outright purchase?

ikarasu

Vector magic has a desktop version... I purchased it before graphic tracer came out with the one time payment option .

ikarasu

Subscription only? I stay away from subscriptions. I thought awhile back it was going to be offered as an outright purchase?
If you login, you can purchase it for $495.

Not a bad price... 4 year break even point. When you compare it to other software that does monthly / lifetime, it usually takes 5+ years to break even, and the one time purchase does not include free updates like gtracer does.

When comparing to vector magic .. vector magic desktop is $295. Vector magic hasn't been updated in 5+ years... So you also need to consider that before purchasing. It works great, but there's always improvements.

Gtracer has a 30 day trial, so it's worth checking out .it is a few steps above illustrator/Corel... I didn't get to test it enough to say whether it's better than vector magic. I do like the font identifier/replacement, I never tried that part of it... But if it's halfway decent, I'd say it's worth the price alone just for that function.

Keep in mind it's not perfect. Acceptable for most stuf, but anything important, or anything you need to be accurate.. vector doctor is the guy to go to on here!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Someone in these waters was touting this package some time back. It was rather anemic then, did something change? At that time the tracing feature of Corel was far superior.

GTracer

Someone in these waters was touting this package some time back. It was rather anemic then, did something change? At that time the tracing feature of Corel was far superior.
Would you be interested in doing a "head to head" comparison using the same graphics with both programs? I have been a corel user since version 3, and am fairly familiar with the features of PowerTrace.
I do realize that the program that works best is the one that you know how to use, so your comment may not be a fair or accurate evaluation of the capabilities of Graphic Tracer... Be happy to get on line with you to compare programs.