Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphic Tracer

Discussion in 'GRAPHIC TRACER PROFESSIONAL' started by Signs101Admin, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Signs101Admin

Signs101Admin Owner

Sep 30, 2016
    New Jersey
    I have been using Graphic Tracer to clean up poor quality "jaggy" images and making them look perfect. It has an amazing tool for automatically identifying and replacing fonts that makes graphic cleanup incredibly fast.
    Check it out by clicking the following link to the website

http://www.graphicpowers.com

Tags:
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ams

ams Very Active Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Virginia
    Is it better than Corel's auto trace?

3. equippaint

equippaint Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    It cant be any worse

• Like Like x 1
  4. Superior_Adam

Superior_Adam Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Wichita, Kansas
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I also use Vector Magic. The Batch Processing is really good.

6. JTBoh

JTBoh I sell signage and signage accessories.

Jun 15, 2011
    Clermont, FL
    Vector magic is great... but this does things that VM doesn't. Font ID and automatic distortion of a clean font is pretty cool.

I think we're gonna give it a shot.

7. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    Seems like they've become more reasonable with their pricing.

8. JimmyG

JimmyG Premium Subscriber

Apr 1, 2005
    Register, GA
    I also use Graphic Tracer. I like it better than Vector Magic subscription because it loads up as desktop software instead of online only use.

9. JimmyG

JimmyG Premium Subscriber

Apr 1, 2005
    Register, GA
    I also use Graphic Tracer. I like it better than Vector Magic subscription because it loads up as desktop software instead of online only use.

10. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Subscription only? I stay away from subscriptions. I thought awhile back it was going to be offered as an outright purchase?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Wonderful software.

12. Signs101Admin

Signs101Admin Owner

Sep 30, 2016
    New Jersey
    Yes I do use it and like it very munch in fact I used if for a few months before I signed up as a affiliate. The company wanted me to try it before I endorsed it as well.

http://www.graphicpowers.com?afmc=SIGNS101

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  13. equippaint

equippaint Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    Does it correct grammatical errors too or just vector tracing? I can see it being a real asset.

14. ikarasu

ikarasu Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    Vector magic has a desktop version... I purchased it before graphic tracer came out with the one time payment option .

15. ikarasu

ikarasu Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    If you login, you can purchase it for $495.

Not a bad price... 4 year break even point. When you compare it to other software that does monthly / lifetime, it usually takes 5+ years to break even, and the one time purchase does not include free updates like gtracer does.

When comparing to vector magic .. vector magic desktop is $295. Vector magic hasn't been updated in 5+ years... So you also need to consider that before purchasing. It works great, but there's always improvements.

Gtracer has a 30 day trial, so it's worth checking out .it is a few steps above illustrator/Corel... I didn't get to test it enough to say whether it's better than vector magic. I do like the font identifier/replacement, I never tried that part of it... But if it's halfway decent, I'd say it's worth the price alone just for that function.

Keep in mind it's not perfect. Acceptable for most stuf, but anything important, or anything you need to be accurate.. vector doctor is the guy to go to on here!

16. SignsSupport

SignsSupport Support & Tech Administrator

Jan 16, 2017
    Cyberspace
    As An FYI: We've created a new forum dedicated to the discussion of the Graphic Tracer Professional software.
    See the forum at https://signs101.com/forums/graphic-tracer-professional.392/ where you can now create threads specifically dedicated to Graphic Tracer.
    Thanks for your attention.

SignsSupport