• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Graphics on abs

Stevealex

Hello, i have a customer that needs graphics on sheets of ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene). The problem is that its a textured material. He had a quote for someone to print on them with a flatbed printer but it was $40 a sheet. Does anyone have any suggestions? Its black now but needs to be white and have a logo overlaid which should be monochromatic. Would painting it white then using spray mask to shoot the graphic work? Seems like it would be impossible on account of the texture. Anything would help. Thanks.

2B

So what is your question?

textured material is easy to do, just use the correct material, cast so it conforms to the texture, if you don't have a flatbed.
are you wanting it lower than $40 per sheet? if so then use a lower grade material and see if it sticks to the material

Stevealex

Ya ive just had problems even with cast when applying to textured substrates. Im afraid it will peel. The texture is very small variations. Lots of little nooks and crannies to get into. Wondering if its something anyone has tried.

2B

I'd be more concerned about the surface energy than the textured surface. You may need to look into a high tac material

To over come the texture, do a post heat and use an application roller wheel

Sent from my SAMSUNG using Tapatalk

Oroscoe

Ritrama has vinyl with with an adhesive for low surface energy substrates. 99X or X99 adhesive (can't remember exactly). Absolutely awesome.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I see you are in Mesa. Is this something you are able to do?
Yes we can certainly print it for you or if you want to attempt application you can borrow our flatbed application table.

Shoot me a PM you can swing by anytime. We are actually pretty much in QC right on Pecos and Sossaman.