• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

.GRAPHICS TLD Registration opens very soon...

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Speaking of domains....

One that everyone here should keep in mind....

the .graphics TLD (top level domain) is coming up for open registration in less than 2 weeks. So if you want "yourname".graphics you better get on a pre-registration list asap with your registrar of choice.

JERHEMI

I'm a little skeptical still on these new tld's...what does everybody else think? Remember when .co was supposed to be a game changer a few years back and nothing changed? The .com's are hard wired in people's brains plain and simple. iPhone's even have a ".com" button! lol Also, when it comes to domains the shorter the word the better in my opinion. If you already have a long business name then add ".graphics" after it that's a lot of words. The only real benefit off the top of my head is if Google is going to recognize these new domains as a keyword. For example in my case "chicago.graphics" would be a good one, but it's already pre-registered. Lastly, say for example the name of your company is "Johnny's Graphics" and you purchase "johnnys.graphics" and host your website at that address. In my opinion, nobody is going to recognize that small little dot and realize it is actually your website url. They are going to be like "this company doesn't have a website" because their brain is hard wired to look for the .com. Personally, I don't see these new tld's being a game changer, but I may be wrong? Please enlighten me if you think they will be I'm interested to read your thoughts! :popcorn:

bikecomedy

OMG mine is soooo cheap...

120000.jpg

WCSign

I'm a little skeptical still on these new tld's...what does everybody else think? Remember when .co was supposed to be a game changer a few years back and nothing changed? The .com's are hard wired in people's brains plain and simple. iPhone's even have a ".com" button! lol Also, when it comes to domains the shorter the word the better in my opinion. If you already have a long business name then add ".graphics" after it that's a lot of words. The only real benefit off the top of my head is if Google is going to recognize these new domains as a keyword. For example in my case "chicago.graphics" would be a good one, but it's already pre-registered. Lastly, say for example the name of your company is "Johnny's Graphics" and you purchase "johnnys.graphics" and host your website at that address. In my opinion, nobody is going to recognize that small little dot and realize it is actually your website url. They are going to be like "this company doesn't have a website" because their brain is hard wired to look for the .com. Personally, I don't see these new tld's being a game changer, but I may be wrong? Please enlighten me if you think they will be I'm interested to read your thoughts! :popcorn:

I agree, I own over 300 domains, the only non .coms I own are because its my brand and I own every extension

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I also agree to an extent. The .co was not enough on its own to change things much in any meaningful way. With what they are doing now releasing literally a ton of TLD's I personally think things will eventually take hold and change some. Particularly as more companies start to use domains that are more relevant to their business. .com was the first but in and of itself it really has no meaning. .graphics has meaning and says something. Granted it is longer.... We also have a rather big pile of domains but for simplicity we use sc1.co for certain things since it is simply just easier to type or tell someone.