Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GraphiCut

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Plotters' started by blackbok, May 21, 2006.

1. blackbok

blackbok Member

May 31, 2005
    Has anyone had experience with Graphicut plotters? They seem to be half the price of the Graphtecs I'm looking at. I won't be using it for crazy amounts of cutting, but I do want something reliable.

Any thoughts?

Tags:
  2. Pro Signs & Graphix

Pro Signs & Graphix Very Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    We cannot and will not say nothing bad about Ordway - they seem to be very decent people. Look at the machine carefully. It is all over, and many starters and hobbyists have them. Ordway once used to market it with another name.

Basically, it is a stepper-driven machine. If you sincerely want to buy a plotter for the last time, look for a servo-driven machine and make sure that it is HP-GL compatible. If not, expect it to quit like the Stika, another entry-level stepper setup.

Hope this helps.

3. blackbok

blackbok Member

May 31, 2005
    Yeah, guess if I'm uprgading, might as well bite the bullet. Just wanted to see if this was even a consideration.

4. Pro Signs & Graphix

Pro Signs & Graphix Very Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Well, you actually are not biting the bullet - you are bullet-proofing. The machine does WHAT it is intended for, which is give new people and hobbyists an entry-level option. We somehow think you have progressed beyond that.

The bad thing, about these entry-level "stepper machines" machines, is that many assume that is all it takes to BE in the signage industry.