• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GraphiCut

blackbok

Has anyone had experience with Graphicut plotters? They seem to be half the price of the Graphtecs I'm looking at. I won't be using it for crazy amounts of cutting, but I do want something reliable.

Any thoughts?

We cannot and will not say nothing bad about Ordway - they seem to be very decent people. Look at the machine carefully. It is all over, and many starters and hobbyists have them. Ordway once used to market it with another name.

Basically, it is a stepper-driven machine. If you sincerely want to buy a plotter for the last time, look for a servo-driven machine and make sure that it is HP-GL compatible. If not, expect it to quit like the Stika, another entry-level stepper setup.

Hope this helps.

blackbok

Pro Signs & Graphix said:
We cannot and will not say nothing bad about Ordway - they seem to be very decent people. Look at the machine carefully. It is all over, and many starters and hobbyists have them. Ordway once used to market it with another name.

Basically, it is a stepper-driven machine. If you sincerely want to buy a plotter for the last time, look for a servo-driven machine and make sure that it is HP-GL compatible. If not, expect it to quit like the Stika, another entry-level stepper setup.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, guess if I'm uprgading, might as well bite the bullet. Just wanted to see if this was even a consideration.

Well, you actually are not biting the bullet - you are bullet-proofing. The machine does WHAT it is intended for, which is give new people and hobbyists an entry-level option. We somehow think you have progressed beyond that.

The bad thing, about these entry-level "stepper machines" machines, is that many assume that is all it takes to BE in the signage industry.