• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

graphire tablet

sardocs

I bought a large wacom tablet a few years back and I use it whenever I need to make mico-adjustments to vector and raster images both in corel 12 and signlab. It has made it possible to fine tune artwork in ways I could not achieve before. The first thing I discovered after installing it was that it slows down processes that require larger cursor moves, like going from the drawing area to a tool or option change. Things that take only an inch of mouse travel take the entire surface of the tablet. Tablet surface = monitor area. I find that it tires me out after I use it for an hour or so, 'cos I'm switching from mouse to pen to wacom mouse, back to regular mouse, back to pen, shit, where did I put the pen? It is great for in-tight photo-paint stuff. Little highlights on the dragon's scales, highlights on beveled edges, etc, but I'm not even sure clients notice the detail, just me and a few other sign painter friends.

Rodi

Tablets are great, I've had mine a decade. You can switch mapping type in the preferences to make it smaller, fit proportionally etc.

Rodi

You need to put the mouse away for a month and just use the Tablet. My mouse broke so that is how I got used to the tablet.