Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

graphire tablet

Discussion in 'Signlab' started by thesignguy, Nov 10, 2007.

1. I was just wanting to know if a wacom graphire tablet would work with signlab 7.1 print and cut. Thank You.

Tags:
  2. Lunatic Taskbar

Lunatic Taskbar Very Active Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Nova Scotia
    I think it works in all programs, I think it becomes just a mouse in essence.

3. Great!! Thank You!!

4. sardocs

sardocs Active Member

Jun 17, 2005
    pender harbour bc
    I bought a large wacom tablet a few years back and I use it whenever I need to make mico-adjustments to vector and raster images both in corel 12 and signlab. It has made it possible to fine tune artwork in ways I could not achieve before. The first thing I discovered after installing it was that it slows down processes that require larger cursor moves, like going from the drawing area to a tool or option change. Things that take only an inch of mouse travel take the entire surface of the tablet. Tablet surface = monitor area. I find that it tires me out after I use it for an hour or so, 'cos I'm switching from mouse to pen to wacom mouse, back to regular mouse, back to pen, ****, where did I put the pen? It is great for in-tight photo-paint stuff. Little highlights on the dragon's scales, highlights on beveled edges, etc, but I'm not even sure clients notice the detail, just me and a few other sign painter friends.

5. Just Another Sign Guy

Just Another Sign Guy Very Active Member

Jun 19, 2004
    mine sits and collects dust. i am so used to using my mouse. and for drawing i always draw onto paper and scan just cant get used to the technology. sigh

6. Rodi

Rodi Very Active Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Tablets are great, I've had mine a decade. You can switch mapping type in the preferences to make it smaller, fit proportionally etc.

7. Rodi

Rodi Very Active Member

Aug 3, 2007
    You need to put the mouse away for a month and just use the Tablet. My mouse broke so that is how I got used to the tablet.