Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphix Advantage 6.0 File Conversion

Discussion in 'Gerber Omega, Graphix Advantage & MacImprint' started by rukh03, Nov 20, 2008.

1. rukh03

rukh03 New Member

Jul 3, 2008
    Anchorage, Alaska
    We use CorelDraw at my work here, but (before I was here) we used to use Graphix Advantage, and every so often I need old artwork files from it. It is an extremely buggy program, especially since it's crowbarred onto Windows XP. And now it looks like it might be down for good. :banghead:
    So my question is this:

Is there any software, patches, macros, shareware, etc. that will alow me to convert the old .plt files into something Corel can recognize?
    Thank you

-Ben (rukh03)

2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    GA 6.0 was a long time ago but it has a file converter that is capable of batch conversions. I recall an old thread here that we discussed it with screen shots ... so you might want to search for it.

The batch converter can process the files directly into EPS 3.0 files which Corel will then be able to open. You should expect to still have some issues with uncombined centers once you get them into Corel.

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
  4. rukh03

rukh03 New Member

Jul 3, 2008
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Thank you, you have given me hope. :)
    Sadly, it is the file converter/import/export that I can't get to work. I'll keep mesing with it, and see if I can't get it back up and running.
    And then I think It's high time converted everything and retired that poor program.