• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphixcalc

zoiko

Hi i am considering buying estimate software but want to try graphix calc .... do i need to have spreadsheet on my comp to use it ????

I like estimate because i can get the shirt pluging ... but if i like the other one i may buy it .

zoiko

sorry i just saw that i do need windows excel to use. I could not find that on the web site but looked around a bit and saw it . as soon as i get it i will down load it to try out.

zoiko

Thanks OADesign Yea my son is actually using openoffice as we speak we will now download graphix calc and see.

Thanks.

mekazilla

I had a few glitches with it working in openoffice. There are a few formulas that don't translate properly in openoffice. They can be fixed but it's on my other computer so I forget specifically which ones the were.

ChiknNutz

As specifically noted on the website for GraphixCALC XL (http://www.graphixcalc.com/html/xl.html), OpenOffice does not work with it. You can force it to work, but it won't work correctly. Also, sounds like you are confusing the XL and Pro versions. There currently is no demo download of the XL version, but there is with Pro. And, if you are referring to Pro, nothing other than Windows is required to run it...it is a self-contained program.

zoiko

Thanks i just saw this... matter of fact i just called a few mins ago ... and the person i spoke with was very helpfull.

I also mispoke and told him that i could not download pro ... when in reality i had. My question was if i can go straight to invoice ??? he said that is a program being r&d. Now i also downloaded openoffice because i needed excell for spreadsheet and it works good ... then again my kid messed with it and he is a linux wiz ...LOL .

ChiknNutz

I am in the process of adding some significant improvements, but it likely will not be ready for public consumption for a few months yet. Some features to look for:

• Ability to set default values for commonly used materials, substrates, markup, etc.
  • Ability to save calculated prices.
  • Introduction of 'templates' that are a way of pricing out common items, then saving them for future use.
  • Introduction of a 'project tracker' feature.
  • Updated & improved interface.
  • Ability to send calculated prices to an Estimate/Invoice.
  • Calculate your standard shop rate and incorporate that into the pricing.
  • More...

I genuinely welcome any and all feature suggestions too!

PMG

Nice Chris .....i cant wait for these new upgrades.....your software is already one of the best on the market but with these changes,i think your software will best on the market. :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

zoiko

Great .... i really like the trial download, i also downloaded the estimate sotware. i have been playing arround with it a few hrs. As you can see what time it is in california. I will be up all night .... LOL.

I also like estimate for the plug-ins that they have, as i also print shirts. And the fact that i can create invoices. But i like the way your software is simple to use. i will buy the pro version from you in a couple of weeks as soon as get some cash.

I will also get the estimate package too. as i will try others this coming weeks.

Are you going to do any shirt printing stuff or just signs

Thanks. I will give you a call some time this week ... i have some questions . and i cant type as fast here LOL.