Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

graphtec 5000ce eating work

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by HUNTERNFLA, Jul 20, 2011.

1. HUNTERNFLA

HUNTERNFLA New Member

Jul 20, 2011
    I have the 500ce when im cutting small fonts it shreads them . it looks like its weeding itself ,causing hours of headaches. Is there a setting for fine detail work? Or do i have the setttings jacked up i replaced the blade and set it up till everything just weeds clean on the test....any help would be great thanks:thankyou:

Tags:
  2. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
    Often times when this issue occurs it is because the blade protection strip (BPS) has cuts, dings, and grooves in it. Move your blade to the home position and run your finger along the length of the BPS feeling for aforementioned cuts, dings, and grooves. The replacement procedure is quite simple and www.graphtecamerica.com has them available direct.

3. HUNTERNFLA

HUNTERNFLA New Member

Jul 20, 2011
    yep

It does have grooves in it where the blade was set to low but only on the right sidethe more you go to the left it looks good ill move it to cut over there and see if that works im pretty sure it does it everywhere on the mat

4. CS-SignSupply-TT

May 31, 2011
    Until you replace the teflon strip, you can lay a piece of vinyl across the length. remember, this is a temporary soltuion to a problem that needs to be fixed.

5. HUNTERNFLA

HUNTERNFLA New Member

Jul 20, 2011
    got in tryed it on the left no go there either took a pic of the mat looks worse with the light on it ordered a new one . hope this fixes it up thanks for the help

Attached Files:

6. CS-SignSupply-TT

May 31, 2011
    Once you install the new teflon strip, I am sure you will be amazed at the performace of your cutter. Good luck! Good selling!

7. mfatty500

mfatty500 Active Member

May 10, 2010
    Sugar Grove, Ill
    Maybe slow it down a tad, it may help. Do you have the right blade setting, OU-9, or something else?

8. HUNTERNFLA

HUNTERNFLA New Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Blade used FORCE SPEED QUALITY​
    CB09UA 10 to 14 30 or less 2
    STILL GETTING USE TO THE CONTROLL MENU BUT GOT IT SET UP AS IT SAID TO IN MANUAL

ORDERED THE NEW MAT JUST WAITING ON IT TO GET HERE

9. briankb

briankb Premium Subscriber

Jul 7, 2009
    Lake City, Florida
    Where did you order your replacement teflon strip for the CE5000-60? The only place I found was US Cutter.

Also I could not find the replacement instructions on Graphtec's website. If someone has a link or can explain the procedure I would greatly appreciate it.

10. briankb

Jul 7, 2009
    Lake City, Florida
    bump.

11. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

We have them in stock and I would be happy to talk to you on the phone with instructions.

12. GP

GP Very Active Member

Dec 12, 2007
    SC
    installation is easier than you think. If you can lay vinyl, you can lay down this strip.

Just make sure you remove all the glue residue left from the last strip. We had to use a fair amount of goo gone - followed by several damp paper towels to remove goo gone oils.

We just replaced ours and bought new blades from Clean Cut and are back to being giddy Graphtec owners.

Good luck,

GP

13. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    That issue has nothing to do with the cutting strip...

14. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

Looking at the pics supplied, the BPS needs to be replaced. It is very possible the blade is chipped or the blade holder is not swiveling properly for a clean cut to be produced.

Any of those three issues can cause poor cutting.

15. briankb

Jul 7, 2009
    Lake City, Florida
    Thanks Bobby for having one in stock and giving me a good price!

Thanks GP for the step by step.

16. Signguy9311

Signguy9311 New Member

Jun 21, 2011
    I agree also that the strip has nothing to do with what your problem is. New blade, preferably a 60 degree blade with just enough force to kiss backing paper. 30 or 45 degree bit will work better on bigger letters.

17. Jim Doggett

Jim Doggett Very Active Member

Feb 17, 2008
    It could be the holder, too. They wear out. But first elimiate the cutting strip as the culprit, since that's the cheap solution. if you haven't already, flip it over, cleaning the adhesive layer from the good side and then adding adhesive to the worn side ... and reattach it.

My $0.02,