• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec 5500 not completing job...

Circleville Signs

Here's the scoop. I've got to cut the side reflective stripes for a Sprinter ambulance. I've ruined 35 ft of expensive material already....ARGH!

Each side is just over 17' long. I send the job, and it cut roughly 13' of it, and then stops, says job is done, and gets ready for the next job.

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!!!! (been that kind of day...)

Ken

What software are you using to send to the plotter?
Check your design for hidden cut lines etc.
Also check media size settings.
Ken

Last edited:

Circleville Signs

I use Cutting Master Pro to cut straight from Illy. No hidden cut lines in the design. Media settings are 15"x1980" (roll settings).

I just know that this thing is killing me and while it's at it, costing me a good chunk of change! Now, I AM scaling the job, because Illy doesn't have a 17' working area. I just did the stripe layout at 1/20 scale, and scaled it up 2000% in Cutting Master. It's showing fine in the preview...

Circleville Signs

Yup. It's killing me. And because it's reflective I can't just lay a big 9" stripe and then go back and accurately cut out the door handles and rubber stops.....

Circleville Signs

Actually, taking out the blade makes 100% sense. I'm so frazzled I didn't even think about it. I've been here 60 hours already this week, and no end in sight....Ugh.

ironchef

Hey. Any luck? I had same problem with fc8000-75. I never fixed it. Just cut the job on our old mimaki cg130fx. I was shocked that a new graphtec couldn't keep up with an old mimaki cg.