• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec 7000 stops cutting in the middle of the job

jay higgs

Hello every one
I'm sending a cut job from flexi 8.0 to my graphtec 7000-160 and it cuts fine then half way through it stops. Does any one now why it does it on every job?:banghead:

Joop

check to see if your media is lifting off the rear sensor. If it is, the plotter thinks there is no media to cut and it stops. That was happening to me and I put a piece of masking tape over it and it never happened again. Just remember if you want to find a Sheet Size when putting in new media to take the tape off.

good luck.

jay higgs

Thanks Jes
I did the tape thing and it worked. Thank you so much. When your down here in
florida come on by for a beer.

bjones

if your plotter is a true graphtec and not a sign warehouse rebranded one there's a firmware fix for this issue.

jay higgs

Thanks for the link PMG. I did the tape thing like Joop told me and that worked but I'll look into the firm ware allso. Thank Jay

P

ProWraps™

ugh thats a tough one. ive had several plotters do that. we addressed it as a hardware issue.