• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec 8600-130 Driver Errors

Doubletake

Just received a new FC 8600-130, Cannot get the computer to communicate with the plotter. I thought everything was installing ok until I tried the Controller Software. Then I got an unable to communicate error.

I tried setting I up eithernet first. I entered the ip address that was on he plotter. an no luck.
Then I set it up usb but I get and installation stopped error

I have turned off the firewall and rebooted and uninstalled software

greysquirrel

When you installed the software was the plotter plugged in and connected to the pc? It should not be connected...if so, do complete uninstall of all software and redo...

Doubletake

Uninstalled

Remove all programs, rebooted, an tried install from scratch, plotter unplugged both from wall and usb

Still failed to add printer error. Tried to install for usb, either net, and serial. The last two just say installation stopped.
I'm not doing anything else on the computer at the time.
Made sure the widows firewall and AVG are both off.
I downloaded the software off the Graphtec website. None of it works either. Same errors. Can't update firmware cause no usb driver.

Doubletake

Update

I installed the software onto my Surface Pro 4 everything went fine. took 10min and was sending a test cut.
So I updated firmware from it. But I can't use it for everything.

The desktop is on Windows 7 surface Win10.

Any windows techs have any ideas?

Have about 8hrs in it now.