• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec ARMS system, neccessary?

goforit14

Hello everyone im looking to upgrade to a CE6000-120 48" these are the newer models, my undersatnding on the graptec machines is that they use a laser registration system and a more automatic quicker optical system. i found the machine for around $3300 which doesnt seen like a bad deal for a new machine of good brand.

my question is , to contour cut small printed graphics, multiple small logos . food labels ect. will a cutter with regular laser registration (cheaper brands ) do the job aswell , or is the advanced optic system on the graphtec a must have?

CS-SignSupply

Take into consideration the workflow that will be used.... Design from what software, print through what software and to what machine, then cut from what software to what machine.

I have seen a lot of "fine print" in the sales sheets of off-brand cutters touting the laser registration method... READ EVERYTHING and ask Plenty of questions.

I would recommend Roland or Summa before them all. The Graphtec is a good unit and should be a good bang for the buck at $3300.

Make sure you have a dealer that will offer good support. IMO

Dennis422

I just sold mine CE5000-60 that I bought last year and bought bigger FC8600-130.
I have used the small 24" cutter to contour cut decals and did not have any issues.
If you have a bit more money to spend, I would suggest you to look into FC series and at least 54". Much better machines with a few more options available with the cutter.

As far as the brands, I believe that Summa is better than Graphtec, but everybody else if a bit below it.
I have looked into Summa, it costs more and I believe it would be worth it if my budget allowed it. I also looked at Mutoh, Mimaki and Q series from SignWarehouse (rebranded Graphtec). For some reason, I never looked into Roland cutter.

If you want, PM me and I will get you in contact with the sales people that I dealt with while buying mine.
Also, PM me if you have any questions.

Good luck

Matt-Tastic

The CE6000 has an improved mark sensor and programming (the same that is in the FC8600 i believe) that makes it scan faster and more reliably on more materials. I have used it and it's pretty impressive (scanned hand drawn marks and cut in registration)

But, for print and cut registration, any of the devices you're looking at will have some sort of Registration Mark Sensor. Summa probably has the most reliable, but is the most expensive. I think graphtec fills the "bang for buck" category very well.

The FC series is more for high production and more robust overall. The CE is for basic duty work (vinyl, laminated vinyl, etc), but does that very well.

goforit14

DKgrafix i will keep you in mind and thanks for the suggestions you Matt,. now that you mention it, im aiming to get the 54'' with graphtec
but i also hear great things on summa maybe if a good chance to grab one at good price i will jump in .

Last edited by a moderator: