• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec CB-15U

vrinsk

I have a Graphtec ce5000-60 and a 12mil thick laminate, I read the manual and it seems the standard blade won't cut the material because it says it cuts up to .25mm and the laminate is .30mm, so I was wondering if the recommended blade for thicker material, the CB-15U can also cut the same material as the standard one so that I don't have to be switching the blades every time I need to cut something thicker. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Spud Murphy

Graphtec makes a Sandmask blade.(#?) Without going to a different blade you might want to try a double pass with your standard all-purpose vinyl blade. It takes a bit of pressure testing but even with the proper blade you might make several passes for a perfect cut on thicker materials.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Vrinsk, the BEST solution is the Graphtec CB15U and its own RED bladeholder for THICK media; the CB09U and its own BLUE bladeholder for other work. I know it sounds like a hassle, but one blade simply cannot be the "all in all for all in all". That's why the cutter manufacturers offer two bladeholders and/or a variety of blades.

vrinsk

I know it's been a while since I last posted this but for the benefit of others, the standard blade indeed cuts 16 mil material. I use a 4 mil vinyl laminated with a 12 mil vinyl for dirt bike graphics, and the standard blade works great with proper tuning. Lowest speed, highest force, and proper blade adjusting. I never did get the red blade holder even though I did consider it while the blade started to get dull a few days ago.