Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphtec CE Lite 50 Newbie help needed

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by MikeBuffalo, Nov 10, 2019.

1. MikeBuffalo

MikeBuffalo New Member

Oct 21, 2019
    Buffalo, NY
    Hi--

I was hoping someone with experience with a Graphtec CE Lite 50 might be willing to help me understand this machine better.

I've got it to test cut so I know it works, but I've had no luck cutting from CM4 or a Barcode and USB. ANy help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Tags:
  2. bharrod1

bharrod1 New Member

Jan 2, 2018
    Louisville, KY
    The Graptech cutter has quite the learning curve, so don't get overwhelmed. I don't know what the CT light 50 is, however, we have an 8600 and we have Onyx 18 rip software to be used with Adobe Illustrator Version 2017. Also, I have found that the version 2017 cut master 3 that came with the machine works best for us. We have 2019 CC but 2017 versions work best for us. When doing a test cut, move the media and blade to where you want the cut made and press the origin button on the machine (assuming your machine has one). Next, go to the computer and in Cut Master 3 select "test cut" to do the test. I like using the cut master 3 software because the software has registration marks of its own and works better than the Qnyx version to set up. The message I want to send mostly, is be patient. Use the onyx website for support videos, tutorials, and YouTube. Graptech cutters have many capabilities, you just have to figure out how to use it for your nitch of work that you do. I don't know if any of this info is helpful or not, but I hope it helps a little. Keep after it and you will figure it out.

3. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    you may find more users of that cutter on a us cutter forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. MikeBuffalo

MikeBuffalo New Member

Oct 21, 2019
    Buffalo, NY
    bharrod1bharrod1 Thank you. I feel consistently over-matched by this cutter but will stay on it

JburnsJburns Thank you also. I'll check out US Cutter forums