Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphtec CE2000 w/ Windows 7 64 bit

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by neato, Jul 3, 2013.

1. neato

neato Very Active Member

May 16, 2003
    Henderson, IL
    I'm trying to find a driver for my new (to me) Graphtec CE2000 to run from my windows 7 64 bit computer.

I've tried downloading the drivers from the Graphtec site, but when I go to install, the CE2000 isn't on the drop down list of plotter choices in the setup.

Is anyone still running one of these with a newer computer?

Tags:
  2. neato

neato Very Active Member

May 16, 2003
    Henderson, IL
    Is nobody using one of these anymore?

3. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

4. neato

neato Very Active Member

May 16, 2003
    Henderson, IL
    Hi Bobby

Yes, I'm referring to the driver. It's listed under the CE2000, but when I install that driver, I'm not presented with that cutter as an option.

Try installing it, you'll see what I mean.

I really thought there would still be quite a few folks still using this plotter, and even with a newer operating system.

Thanks for your suggestion

Phillip

5. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

Use the CE1000 listed. Should work

6. neato

neato Very Active Member

May 16, 2003
    Henderson, IL
    Thanks Bobby

I ended up emailing support and they sent me a different driver. We'll see what happens. :)

7. neato

neato Very Active Member

May 16, 2003
    Henderson, IL
    Ok, here's an update:

I've installed the Graphtec Driver for Windows 7 64, but I'm not able to get the computer to recognize the device. I'm using a parrallel to USP cord.

Honestly, I'm not even sure what port I need to use in the printer settings, LPT port or USB? I tried both, with LPT the printer at least showed up under my devices menu, but I got an error when I tried to send something to print.

Should I install a parallel port card? Or has anyone had success with this setup? I'm hoping I'm just missing a setting somewhere.

8. round man

round man Active Member

Oct 16, 2005
    try installing a port card ...if I had my choice I would go with a serial port card over an lpt port card.....make sure you use a null modem serial cable(rs-232 compliant) the card can be bought usually for under $20 for most desktops,... the cable should be about the same if not slightly more..a small price to pay for hassle free operations,k,...

9. mark-s

mark-s Active Member

May 11, 2005
    SoCal
    Get an older computer running windows xp.
    Download Illustrator cs 2 (free) from adobe.
    Download cutting master 2 (free) from graphtec site.
    Run it using usb port.
    Stop beating your head against the wall.

mark-s