• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec CE3000-60 cutting issue..

seaviewsigns

I'm having a problem cutting with my Graphtec all of a sudden. I don't know if it's a tracking issue or what to call it, but when it cuts it doesn't seem to follow the path correctly. It will do half a letter fine, then it almost connects the anchor points rather than following the curved line. I made a sample to help describe the situation.

anyone have an issue with this before? I'm running the Graphtec plug-in out of Illustrator. The files seem fine, and I've started fresh and it still cuts odd. It worked perfect as usual for a couple hours this morning then freaked out on the last job.

thanks,
cory :help:

Attachments

• cutting-issue.jpg
    cutting-issue.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 285

juan45215

I had a very simular problem. My cut head was lose. I called graphtec and they talked me through tightening it. If you take the cover off you can take you hand and see if there is any play in the head. If there is, there is a screw on either side of the head the screw on the left tighens the right side and the screw on the right tighens the left side.

seaviewsigns

that's it!!!!!!!!! haha!! i was all P-O'd... already had a new one purchased in my head and it was something that simple...

you've saved my Sunday!!!

thanks,
Cory

seaviewsigns

tshirt,

i think i just took the top piece off. there should be two screws on top that hold the piece of plastic in place. whatever i did, it worked. can't remember exactly, but i used the directions in this thread.

cory

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
TShirtJohn said:
tightened both up but I still seem to have the same problem :(

Are the chords straight lines or are they curved? If they're curved then it's likely a tightness issue with the carraige, head, or tool holder or something. If they're straight lines then you might have a squint at the arc tolerance settings both in your plotter and in your software.

TShirtJohn

I've just had a second look at it and found the correct screws to tweek with, it seems that one of the screw buffers is split :-( Is it poss to get another one?

plotter

I have too the Plotter C3000-60

Hi Cory,

I have too the Plotter C3000-60 and I have a big Problem, I have writed my name, but when I want to cut, the Plotter has a Error in Display---> "Realing Rollers" I have tried, but I don´t know, what can i do?
Please could you help me?
Best Regards!

Helio (Plotter) :)

I'm having a problem cutting with my Graphtec all of a sudden. I don't know if it's a tracking issue or what to call it, but when it cuts it doesn't seem to follow the path correctly. It will do half a letter fine, then it almost connects the anchor points rather than following the curved line. I made a sample to help describe the situation.

anyone have an issue with this before? I'm running the Graphtec plug-in out of Illustrator. The files seem fine, and I've started fresh and it still cuts odd. It worked perfect as usual for a couple hours this morning then freaked out on the last job.

thanks,
cory :help:

seaviewsigns

Are you lining up the rollers in the proper positions? They should be under the blue lines that are on the metal bar that the cutting head is attached to.

Cory